Esterline Commodity Manager in Everett, Washington
Commodity Manager, Everett WA
Who We Are:
Korry Electronics, a proud member of the Esterline family, has been a trusted name in human-machine interface (HMI) solutions for 80 years. We created the first lighted cockpit controls for the developing military and commercial aircraft industry. The Korry product team continues this tradition as it develops the crew station of the future, providing state-of-the-art switches, cockpit controls, high-performance displays, and night-vision filters. We are passionate about what we do. Join the Korry team and find out why this is such a great place to spend your career!
What You Will Do:
As Commodity Manager, you will be responsible for managing and developing a supplier base –selecting suppliers, negotiating agreements, establishing pricing, and executing all types of contracts. You will be accountable for supplier performance with regard to cost, quality, delivery and innovation.
- Define strategies per commodity, with action plans based on supplier segmentation, business requirements, market surveys and benchmarking
- Set up long term agreements, blanket purchase orders, and Kanbans
- Leverage the business and enterprise to increase supplier performance
- Perform risk mitigation activities for the commodity and supplier base
- Communicate standards and expectations to suppliers and manage their performance
- Resolve supplier issues within the Value Stream
Develop requests for proposals/quotes, identify appropriate sources of supply, evaluate proposals and conduct work statement award and contract negotiations What You Must Have:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management or Engineering
- 5 or more years of supply chain related experience
- ERP/MRP experience
- Contract negotiation experience
- Previous aerospace, medical or automotive experience
- Strong working knowledge of supply chain and operational excellence principles and systems
- APICS or CPM certification a huge plus
Where We Work:
Our 216,000 square foot facility is located in Everett, Washington. Everett is a great place to live and work - just 30 miles north of Seattle, this thriving community is an aerospace hub. The city, and nearby cities of Mukilteo and Snohomish, offer excellent public schools, fabulous parks, beaches and marinas, and safe streets. You can dip your toes in salt water and ski down a mountain all in the same day. Nature is truly right outside your door.
Why You Should Apply:
- Korry employees enjoy a great medical/dental/vision plan
- We offer a pension AND a 401(K) match. Yep, you read that right!
- Our onsite gym offers individual and group fitness activities
- Freely collaborative environment
- Learn from long tenured subject matter experts. Many of our employees have worked here for over 20 years
- We believe in work/life balance. No trade-offs here, you can build great career while you enjoy a wonderful personal life
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet
Full/Part-Time: Full Time
Position Type: Regular