University of Oregon Operations and Executive Assistant in Eugene, Oregon
Operations and Executive Assistant
Apply nowJob no:524598
Work type:Officer of Administration
Categories:Administrative/Professional, Administrative/Office Support
Department:Vice President for Finance & Administration
Appointment Type and Duration:Regular, Ongoing
Salary:$55,000-$65,000 per year
Compensation Band:OS-OA06-Fiscal Year 2019-2020
Application Review Begins
September 23, 2019; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
In addition to your application, please submit a thoughtful cover letter that addresses how you meet the qualifications and competencies we seek, along with your resume and the names, with contact information, of three professional references.
Finance and Administration is a vibrant and varied portfolio serving all aspects of campus life. Our employees perform a wide range of functions including offering essential financial tools and support to the university’s many departments, providing key resources to employees, and keeping campus safe, clean, accessible and beautiful. Finance and Administration is led by the Vice President for Finance and Administration and Chief Financial Officer (VPFA) and is comprised of 30 departments that provide service to campus in five areas: business and finance, human resources, campus planning and facilities management, safety and risk services, and campus services.
The person in this position handles administrative functions and manages projects that are essential to the smooth operation of the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA) and accomplishment of the VPFA’s strategic goals. This position reports to the Associate Vice President for Campus Services/Chief of Staff (AVP/COS) and also works closely and collaboratively with the VPFA. The person in this position also provides confidential executive administrative support to the Vice President for Finance and Administration/Chief Financial Officer (VPFA), AVP/COS, and the Executive Vice Provost for Academic Operations. This position facilitates the communication of information and directives both up and down the UO’s and division’s chain of command.
• Three years of experience working in a complex office setting with tasks related to project coordination/management and executive support.
• Experience with bookkeeping or related tasks (e.g., processing payments, tracking expenses, reconciling accounts, performing financial analysis).
• Advanced experience with Excel and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to gather and accurately analyze information and documentation.
• Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with others and maintaining positive working relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task around shifting priorities and high work volumes.
• Demonstrated commitment to maintaining confidentiality, discretion, and diplomacy.
• Demonstrated commitment to leading by example and maintaining the highest ethical standards in the workplace.
• Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion in the workplace, such as by actively supporting the university’s affirmative action and equal opportunity goals and plans, and by supporting all aspects of the university’s diversity plan.
• Bachelor’s degree.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visithttp://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us email@example.com 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.
Advertised:10 Sep 2019Pacific Daylight Time