University of Oregon Facilities Operations Manager in Eugene, Oregon
Facilities Operations Manager
Apply nowJob no:524530
Work type:Officer of Administration
Categories:Executive/Management/Director, Facilities/Grounds/Skilled Trades
Appointment Type and Duration:Regular, Ongoing
Salary:$76,000 - $86,000 per year
Compensation Band:OS-OA08-Fiscal Year 2019-2020
Application Review Begins
September 13, 2019; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete applications must include a resume, cover letter detailing how you meet the qualifications and why you are interested in this position, and three professional references including most recent supervisor.
The Knight Campus for Accelerating Scientific Impact is a billion-dollar initiative designed to fast-track scientific discoveries and the process of turning those discoveries into innovations that improve the quality of life for people in Oregon, the nation and beyond. The Knight Campus will reshape the higher education landscape in Oregon by training the next generations of scientists, forging tighter ties with industry and entrepreneurs and creating new educational opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students.
The Knight Campus Facilities Operations Manager is responsible for the general management and oversight of the physical Knight Campus facilities. This includes directing the staff and resources required to properly manage and maintain all Knight Campus spaces. This position serves as a hands-on, working manager who is responsible for the overall functionality and usability of the facility.
The Facilities Operations Manager conducts and oversees all repairs, preventative maintenance, safety, and security concerns. The position also works closely with UO central facilities to establish policies and best practices for the Knight Campus, and offers insight and recommendations about issues that materially impact facilities.
• Bachelor’s degree OR 3+ years of professional work experience in a construction trade or facilities related operational support
• 5+ years of progressive experience in facilities operations in industrial, commercial or educational environment
• Demonstrated high-level attention to detail and follow-through
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Strong written and oral communication
• Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service
• Degree in design, engineering, industrial engineering, plant or facility management, business/public administration or a related field
• Professional experience with installation and maintenance on major equipment
• Professional experience in implementing and managing complicated facility safety regulations and protocols
• Professional experience with financial and administrative policies, rules and procedures
• Demonstrated knowledge of standard building and security practices, and knowledge of hazards and safety precautions and procedures. Experience and/or documented certifications and training in Fire/Life Safety systems, HVAC, Refrigerant, Mechanical/pneumatic controls, and standard building trades preferred
• Professional work experience in project management
• Professional experience in managing and supervising a team of employees
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visithttp://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us email@example.com 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.
Advertised:26 Aug 2019Pacific Daylight Time