Hospice Partners of America CNA-Hospice Aide in Eugene, Oregon
Serenity Hospice, a member of the Hospice Partners of America family, provides unique opportunities to build a long lasting career in an extremely rewarding environment. We are seeking an outstanding, dedicated, CNA to help us in our Eugene market.
The Hospice Aide or Certified Nursing Assistant is a paraprofessional member of the Interdisciplinary Group who works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and performs various services for a patient as assigned to meet the patient's personal needs and to promote comfort. We provide care in the patient’s home which may be a personal residence, group home, assisted living facility or skilled nursing facility.
Specific responsibilities:_ _
- Demonstrate exceptional service to patients, families, referral sources, co-workers and other customers
- Perform personal care needs (includes baths, back rubs, oral care, shampoos and changing bed linens) of assigned patients
- Obtain patient vital signs and assist with patient toileting needs as assigned
- Perform light meal preparation and assist in feeding the patient as assigned
- Keep patient’s living area clean and orderly
- Report on the patient’s condition and noted changes to the RN Case Manager
- Promote positive, supportive, respectful communication to patient/family and other employees
At Serenity, we are privileged to provide end-of-life care and are dedicated to doing
Whatever It Takes When It Matters The Most.
There are many hospices, but only one Serenity Hospice.
- We are a caring organization whose first responsibility is to do the right thing in serving our patients.
- We value our team, treating them fairly and with respect while holding them accountable for performing their duties and providing exceptional customer service.
- We adhere to the highest ethical and compliance standards.
- We are committed to a successful future for our organization and our staff, focusing on growth, innovation and continued learning.
- At Serenity Hospice, you will enjoy an employment package that includes competitive pay and exceptional benefit offerings including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 401(k), tuition assistance, continuing education and more.
- Licensed driver with good driving record and reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with state requirements.
- Must be able to read and write in English, and follow written and verbal instructions effectively.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Must have a current CNA license in the State of Oregon.
- Must successfully complete the agency competency evaluation.
- Must demonstrate ability to use electronic medical charting software.
- Able to cope with stressful situations.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
At Serenity, we believe that no one dies alone, afraid, or in pain.
One year CNA experience preferred. Previous Home Health and/or Hospice experience preferred. Must be Certified Nursing Assistant from a State licensure program, and listed in good standing on the State registry.
Tracking Code: 1374-086
Job Location: Eugene, Oregon, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular