University of Oregon Assistant Director of Career Engagement in Eugene, Oregon
Assistant Director of Career Engagement
Apply nowJob no:524007
Work type:Officer of Administration
Categories:Executive/Management/Director, Student Life/Services
Department:Lundquist College of Business, Mohr Career Services
Appointment Type and Duration:Regular, Ongoing
Salary:Commensurate with experience
Compensation Band:OS-OA06-Fiscal Year 2018-2019
Application Review Begins
June 26, 2019; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach the following application materials:
a. Cover letter explaining your interest in the position and how you meet each of the required minimum qualifications, professional competencies, and preferred qualifications.
b. Chronological resume including work experience, education, and applicable certifications.
c. Names and contact information for three professional references, one of which must be a current supervisor (or most recent supervisor if not currently employed). Candidates will be notified prior to references being contacted.
d. Answers to the following supplemental questions:
i. This position will be working on a strategy to remove barriers to student engagement in career development. Describe a time when you assessed barriers. What was your process and what were the outcomes?
ii. Mohr Career Services wishes to reach a greater portion of Lundquist students. Describe a time when you tried to scale a program or effort. What factors had the greatest bearing on the outcome?
Since 1914 the Charles H. Lundquist College of Business has taught its students the critical skills they need to think for themselves, to be leaders in a dynamic world, and to make better decisions on behalf of the people and resources they manage. We are a top business school with a unique mission and vision that draws strength from our links to the Pacific Rim and the distinctive qualities of Oregon culture: innovation, sustainability, active lifestyles, financial stewardship, and respect for individuality and diversity within an increasingly global community.
The Assistant Director of Career Engagement in Mohr Career Services at the Lundquist College of Business facilitates students’ active and continual engagement with their career development through executing and supporting a comprehensive career engagement initiative. This is a full-time, 12-month professional position that reports to the Senior Associate Director of Career Exploration, Lundquist College of Business and is a part of a cross-functional team that works with Lundquist undergraduate and graduate students to help them become career-ready and with members of the business community to facilitate meaningful connections with the College’s student talent. Core responsibilities include execution and support of the Lundquist College of Business career engagement initiatives.
This position is a part of a cross-functional team that engages members of the business community to facilitate the hiring of the College's students. Occasional travel and frequent evening and weekend work is required.
• Bachelor's degree in education, human services, business, or liberal arts.
• Three years of work experience in a higher education setting such as counseling, academic advising, residence life, admissions or career services and/or demonstrated experience in HR, recruiting, or talent management.
• Experience with database management and/or data analysis.
• A dynamic, professional demeanor with exceptional organization, written, and public speaking skills.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Ability to multitask. Exceptional time management skills.
• Exhibit a motivated/enthusiastic work style.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work nontraditional work hours including evenings or weekends.
• Ability to develop partnerships within a higher education setting and throughout the community is essential.
• A Masters level degree in student services, counseling, higher education administration, business, or a related field.
• Related experience in marketing, corporate recruitment, business administration or career services.
• A proven track record of developing, building, and assessing successful programs.
• Experience using learning management systems.
• Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visithttp://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us email@example.com 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.
Advertised:30 May 2019Pacific Daylight Time