IQVIA Development Manager in Durham, North Carolina
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA Development Manager
IQVIA is changing an entire industry through inspired innovation. Our People make the difference. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere. Great products come from great ideas. And great ideas come from great people. Join IQVIA and help us make the world a better place.
Reporting to the Product Development Director, the Development Manager is a member of the software development team, and oversees the direct day-to-day management of external development service providers and their deliverables (code and other artifacts), to ensure contract and project-level compliance, adherence to industry best practices and quality of output. The Development Manager also has direct line management oversight of all Integration Developers, and is responsible for the pace and quality of their deliverables. The role of Development Manager has a direct impact on the timeline, cost, quality, and maintainability of all software products in the OMS Suite, and is therefore a direct contributor to the success of the OMS initiative. This is accomplished by:
Skills & Requirements
• Reviewing and managing the performance of external software development service providers, with specific focus on processes, quality of deliverables and compliance with contractual parameters;
• Recruiting, mentoring and management of internal resources for integration component development;
• Providing technical leadership for every aspect of the software development process;
• Leading the creation of software development standards and processes, along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high-quality software;
• Working closely with Architects, Developers and Product Managers throughout the organization to influence product development and to assist with product improvement efforts;
• Maintaining relations with existing and prospective internal stakeholders to ensure that all individual requirements are correctly interpreted during the development process;
• Conducting design reviews and socialize findings in the context of attaining business goals;
• Engaging in strategic planning to accomplish overall technical and business objectives;
• Developing and updating schedules and status reports;
• Collaborating effectively with all OMS team members and ensuring transparency with respect to both internal and external development resources, processes, and results.
We'd like to see:
• Extensive software development experience with a strong team leadership background;
• Involvement in significant enterprise software development projects;
• Significant experience with all aspects of one or more waterfall and agile development methodologies;
• Significant experience managing remote teams and external service providers;
• 6+ years of experience in a software team leadership or management role with accountability for related processes;
• A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering or a science discipline;
• Substantial and up-to-date knowledge of industry software development trends, practices and standards;
• Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills;
• A demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse range of people to deliver effective and innovative results.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org_ to arrange for such an accommodation.
At IQVIA, we have a vision. Where every healthcare decision is based on evidence. Where data science and human science come together to improve global health. Where new and creative solutions aren’t just possible – they are expected.
Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us. It takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage to transform healthcare. The 56,000+ employees of the IQVIA family of companies, including Q2 Solutions, are reimagining a world without the consequences of disease. We are brave minds bringing powerful ideas to reality. At IQVIA, you can truly make an impact in an environment where you’re supported to succeed.
- IQVIA Jobs