Ross Stores, Inc. Executive Assistant in Dublin, California
To provide varied and complex administrative assistance and project support to the EVP, CEO, CIO, COO, and or the SVP.
- Exercise independent judgment and personal initiative in performing responsible and difficult technical, specialized, and complex administrative and secretarial work of a confidential nature. Take appropriate authorized action in the absence of the EVP, CEO, CIO, COO, and or the SVP, to ensure that matters requiring attention are referred to and handled in a manner to minimize the effect of his/her absence. Act as liaison between other executives and staff in matters involving his/her office, including meetings, documentation, and activities requiring authorized action.
- Manage the EVP, CEO, CIO, COO, and or the SVP schedule and calendar; arrange meetings, conference calls and appointments.
- Receive and screen communications to the EVP, CEO, CIO, COO, and or the SVP, including telephone calls and e-mail messages, record messages or and provide assistance using independent judgment to determine those requiring priority attention; channel and facilitate communication from customers and associates and redirect callers to appropriate department/field representative for resolution/assistance (customer complaints, employee inquiries and complaints, vendors inquiries, inquiries regarding legal requests).
- Receive and distribute incoming mail; review and evaluate mail to identify those items requiring priority attention. Prepare for EVP, CEO, CIO, COO, and or the SVP review. Log and route communications requiring action.
- Produce letters, reports, bulletins, memoranda and e-mail, including material of a confidential nature. Compose correspondence, reports, presentations, speeches, organization charts, rough drafts, transcription machine tapes or verbal instructions.
- Coordinate travel, including ground transportation, hotel accommodations, itinerary planning, meeting coordination, and ensure office requirements and facilities at destination are arranged, if required. Prepare and process expense reports. Coordinate off-site meetings (arrange for meeting facilities, caterers, meals, materials, transportation and equipment).
- Manage EVP, CEO, CIO, COO, and or the SVP Administration budget. Process invoices for payment. Reconcile budget on a monthly basis. Assist with planning of yearly budget.
- Manage personal matters and projects and other office duties as assigned.
- Customer Service
- Analysis and Judgment
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Proven experience working in a high-energy, demanding, multi-tasking environment; experience providing administrative and logistical support to a top executive; experience with scheduling, travel arrangements, financial reimbursements, communicating with senior level internal and external contacts; ability to shift priorities; superior organizational skills; advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio), filing systems management, etc.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, senior level internal and external contacts and representatives of public and private organizations to exchange and convey information; maintain confidentiality of privileged information obtained in the course of work.
- Organize own work, coordinating projects, setting priorities, meeting deadlines and following up on assignments with minimum direction.
- Knowledge of principles and business letter writing and basic report preparation; English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary; compose, independently or from oral instructions, correspondence, memoranda, and other reports and materials.
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures, including the use of standard office equipment.
- Advanced computer skills on all computer applications related to work including word processing, spread sheets, charts and graphs from statistical information, and presentations.
- Basic budgeting theories and principles; basic mathematical computations, accounting and record keeping skills.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Operate a keyboard at a corrected rate of 60 words per minute.
- Ability to travel annually with Real Estate team to assist during national industry convention.
- College degree preferred.
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion. Ross Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.