Catholic Health Initiatives CNA Patient Care Technician -7N Cardio/Pulmonary Telemetry- PT .6 (Evening) in DES MOINES, Iowa
CNA Patient Care Technician -7N Cardio/Pulmonary Telemetry- PT .6 (Evening)
Location: DES MOINES, IOWA, UNITED STATES
Requisition #: 2019-R0251001
Post Date: Oct 09, 2019
Supports the professional clinical staff by providing direct patient care and performing studies and tests as assigned. These duties may vary by shift or may be unit-specific. The Patient Care Technician is responsible for providing care for patients of diverse ages. Works rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
· Delivers assigned patient care and treatment as delegated by an RN or LPN.
· Performs or assists patients with activities including personal hygiene, bathing, ambulation, transporting, range of motion exercises, dressing/undressing, feeding, changing bandages, elimination needs, and emptying drainage devices.
· Responds to patient calls and anticipates patient needs. Assures patient safety and comfort through use of safe patient handling techniques, regular rounding, environmental maintenance, equipment maintenance, and other appropriate safety measures.
· Calculates intake and output (excluding IVs). Measures vital signs. Performs bedside blood glucose testing. Makes entries to patient health records as consistent with scope of job duties and in compliance with company policy.
· Initiates or assists with emergency support measures (i.e., cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
· Performs post-mortem care.
· Sets up equipment and supplies for procedures. Prepares patients and rooms for procedures, admissions, and transfers. Discharges patients from system.
· Observes and reports information regarding any change in physical/mental condition, behavior, or status of the patient to the nurse.
· Collects and labels specimens.
· Sets up, operates, and maintains selected pieces of equipment.
· Practices effective communication skills in answering phones and utilizing communication systems.
· Provides administrative support as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Completion of 75-hour, 120-hour or 150-hour Certified Nursing Assistant program OR be listed as having passed CNA competency testing on the Iowa Direct Care Worker registry.
· Graduate of an accredited RN or LPN program may be substituted for completion of CNA program and CNA Registry.
· High School diploma or GED.
· Must be 18 years of age.
· Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter – Child and/or Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of hire.
· BLS certified within six (6) weeks of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
Requisition ID: 2019-R0251001
Market: Mercy Medical Center
We are excited to share that CHI was named as one of America’s Best Employers 2019, by Forbes. Clickhereto learn more.
Chances are, you’re here because you’re looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment. We’re confident you’ll find all three at CHI. As one of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states. Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room. When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen. Learn More
Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic
Catholic Health Initiatives
- Catholic Health Initiatives Jobs