Continental Corporation BestDrive Service Technician in Denver, Colorado
BestDrive Service Technician
Service Technician must be able to properly dismount, mount, balance, and repair Commercial Vehicle and Medium Truck tires for the purpose of adding value to customers and providing additional revenue to BestDrive. TIA certification is required. Care of Continental property such as service trucks and service equipment is required.
Essential Job Functions:
· Properly secure vehicle to lift to ensure safe operation
· Dismount and remount tires and wheels securely on vehicle
· Dismount and remount tires onto wheels without damaging any critical parts
· Understand and safely operate a mobile service truck with air compressor and air tools
· Loading and unloading of tires to end user fleets
· Communicate with BestDrive salesmen and end user fleet personnel for completion of desired service tasks
· Complete necessary paperwork legibly
· Assist in warehouse duties
· Work independently
· Ensure you provide world class customer service
· Work safely and report any injury immediately to Management/HR
· Other duties include handling scrap (or takeofftires) placing them neatly into the storage area
· Other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma preferred but not required
· Experience working on Commercial Vehicles
· Excellent Communication Skills
· Ability to work on a team and independent
· Valid Driver’s License, CDL License a plus
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Tire division is known for maximizing safety through short braking distances and excellent grip as well as reducing fuel consumption by minimizing rolling resistance. Tires are the vehicle’s only link with the road. They have to transmit all forces onto four areas of the road surface that are roughly the size of a postcard. In critical situations, it is the technology level of the tires that determines whether a vehicle is able to stop in time or stay in the correct lane during cornering maneuvers.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.