Caterpillar, Inc. Section Manager - 2nd Shift in Decatur, Illinois
Section Manager - 2nd Shift
A chance to make quality products that matter.
How does it feel to make something that makes life better for people around the globe? As a Caterpillar manufacturing professional, you’ll know—because every day you’ll make sure our customers get the quality products they need to build our world’s infrastructure. And you’ll do it in modern, clean, safe environments equipped with the latest technologies. We’re looking for process-driven, results-oriented leaders who:
Possess a good balance of technical and interpersonal skills
Take responsibility for the quality, velocity and safety of our operations
Like to interact with and motivate others
Want to work in a team environment
Build more than machines. Build a career.
Caterpillar’s Surface Mining and Technology division is currently seeking a 1st shift - Assembly Section Manager for its Decatur, IL Facility. In this role you will lead teams and supervise people in manufacturing sections to maximize efficiency in quality, velocity and cost.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors and improves shop floor safety, aggressively eliminates unsafe processes;
- Assures fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules;
- Determines priorities and sequences jobs;
- Schedules and prioritizes constrained resources, and adjusts staffing to meet flow and customer requirements;
- Determines and executes disciplinary action when appropriate;
- Ensures preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule;
- Implements, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification and others; and
- Evaluates, assesses, identifies and leads the deployment of workforce training.
- Actively deploys section value stream improvements;
- Practices and teaches CPS Guiding Principles;
- Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogues with Team Leads and Team Members;
- Drives root cause corrective action projects and drives continuous improvement;
- Leads section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics
- Leads the creation, implementation and training of standard work procedures.
- Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree or1 years experience working in a manufacturing environment
Top Candidates will also have:
- Supervisory experience in a Manufacturing**
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website atwww.caterpillar.com/careers
Job Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Primary Location United States-Illinois-Decatur
Unposting Date: Feb 27, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Req ID: 1900015L