Trinity Health Physician for Primary Care in Darby, Pennsylvania
Mercy Physician Network is hiring for a BE/BC Physician to join our primary care practice located in the Medical Office Building on the Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital campus. This community practice located in Delaware County is part of a multi-specialty office space. The practice is currently staffed with two experienced physicians, certified MAs, an front office support. There are patient rooms and lab is on site. Standard practice operating hours Monday – Friday that do not currently include weekends or holidays. Call is required in rotation with providers. This practice lends itself to any provider that wants the opportunity to treat and manage a diverse population in an established practice that serves as a valuable resource within the community. The Mercy Physician Network (MPN) has over 40 office locations to include primary and specialty care to the patients we serve in the Philadelphia Region. Our growing network of physicians have the knowledge, experience, and resources to care for a multitude of health-related issues in a coordinated fashion. Mercy Physician Network is member of Mercy Health System, one of Philadelphia’s leading healthcare providers. Mercy Health System traces its roots back to the 1918 opening of Misericordia Hospital, now known as Mercy Philadelphia Hospital. MHS now consists of three hospitals in and around the city of Philadelphia; multiple outpatient, ambulatory and cancer treatment centers; home healthcare services, and senior adult day centers. Mercy Health System is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. It serves people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with 93 hospitals, and 121 continuing care facilities, home health and hospice programs, and PACE center locations that provide nearly 2 million visits annually. We strive every day at Mercy Physician Network to create an environment of quality and compassionate care in our practice offices that carries through to all our Mercy Health System facilities. We are dedicated to addressing the diverse health needs of our community neighbors at every stage of life, and to making our services accessible to all, especially the often forgotten poor and disadvantaged. As member of Trinity Health, Mercy Physician Network is guided by the system’s core values:
Provides clinical support to the physicians in the practice by providing patient triage, telephone triage and direct patient care pursuant to the terms of the collaborating physician agreement. Responsible for inpatient consults and transition from inpatient to outpatient navigation.
Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Performs and records the patient history and physical exam and discusses findings with the physician.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Performs administrative tasks as needed by practice physicians
- Possession of exceptional communication and interpersonal skills that enable effective collaboration with physicians, staff, community health workers, patients and their families
- Ability to understand complex medical information and clearly communicate it to patients and their families, medical staff, and external customers, in written and spoken format
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Responsible for own professional growth and maintenance of required credentials.
- Maintains the standards and educational requirements specific to the position and licensure.
- Identifies own learning needs and goals.
- Takes responsibilities for leadership and participation on committees
- Maintains and updates clinical knowledge and skills based on current health care practice/research.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participates in any additional tasks or projects as required by practice, MPN or MHS
Job Number: 00111694
Location: Darby, PA
Organization Name: Mercy Health System of Southeastern Pennsylvania
Facility: MSEPA - Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift