Carlton Senior Living Housekeeper in Concord, California
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sunday- Thursday shift/Tuesday - Saturday shifts available, 9 am - 3 pm.
Cleans resident rooms, baths, offices, halls, and other areas by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.:
- Makes resident beds.
- Keeps utility and storage rooms in clean and orderly condition.
- Distributes resident laundered articles and linens.
- Disinfects and sterilizes bathrooms.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and/or polishes floor.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Polishes metalwork.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays; transports trash and waste to disposal area.
Clean litter box/cage for residents who have a pet, and dispose of waste. Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- So as not to jeopardize the safety and well being of the residents, ability to speak and/or read simple English sentences for responding to their needs quickly and appropriately is necessary.
- Interact well with our Carlton Family – residents, family members, all staff members, futureresidents.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions.
- Education and Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent experience.
- According to Title 22 requirements, employee must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Certificates, License, Registration
- Current First Aid Certification (obtained through community)
- DOJ and FBI fingerprint clearance must be completed prior to working in community (obtained through community)
- Health screening and negative TB test, must be less than six (6) months old. (obtained through community)