Trinity Health Senior Systems Developer - MediGold - Corporate Service Center in Columbus, Ohio
At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care MediGold is a not-for-profit Medicare Advantage insurance plan serving seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries in Ohio. We’re dedicated to providing excellent customer service, cost-effective care, and exceptional healthcare coverage. We rely on talented colleagues in a wide variety of professional roles including information technology, financial analysis, audit, provider relations and more.
Our Senior Systems Developer is responsible for development and support of information system applications It is focused on the host systems of the production IS environment and all the tools necessary to sustain that environment. This position directs and implements the necessary controls to create and maintain applications, interfaces, reports and any other related process.
- Administers and controls the activities related to data planning and development and the establishment of policies and procedures pertaining to its management, security, maintenance and utilization. Sets and monitors standards. Advises management on data base concepts and functional capabilities.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives for assigned projects. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Develops, encodes, test, debugs, documents and installs programs to support general business applications. Prepares program specifications and diagrams and develops coding logic flowcharts.
Works with staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Programming or related discipline, or equivalent certifications/experience.
Must be highly proficient in the Microsoft stack - .Net Core Web Development & SQL
Should be knowledgeable in Teradata, Informatica, ControlM & Tableau
Should be able to demonstrate an expert competency in (at least) four of the following: *HPUX 10.X, Solaris, SCO, AIX *VMS, MPE, AOS *RS-232C, network printer, terminals *PERL, shell scripting, Tcl/Tk *Oracle, SQL *IP, SNMP, Crystal Reports, Java.
Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to all levels of leadership, Associates and external persons
- Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge of IS technologies and the tools used to manage these technologies. Effectively manage project timelines, details, work, oversight, implementation and communication
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers.We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Job Number: 00120043
Location: Columbus, OH
Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
Facility: MCHS - Corporate Services Center
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift