Trinity Health Regional Director of Research Operations in Columbus, Ohio
At Mount Carmel, we are committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
At Mount Carmel we challenge our leaders and managers to live our values and lead with strength. Only through their commitment to our colleagues will we continue to advance our mission. Our commitment to you: collaborative leaders and opportunities for professional development.
Our Regional Director of Research serve as the administrator of the Institutional Review Board, promoting ethical and regulation- compliant human subject's research. The Regional Director oversees policies and standard operating procedures (SOP's) and ensures they are appropriately adhered to and updated as needed.
Key Job Duties
Leadership Competencies are the required skills, knowledge and attributes of leaders. They are principles that guide leaders toward the performance and accountabilities expected of them every day.
Job and Technical Competencies
- Directs the activities of the Office of Research Affairs (ORA) - research study tracking, administrative evaluation of study proposals, coordination of financial evaluation of study impact, negotiation of clinical trial agreements/contracts, and implementation of research billing. Provide personnel management and mentoring. Provide budget oversight and management, and vision and stewardship of financial aspects of the ORA.
- Collaborates with system leaders and medical staff to develop sponsored research activities and clinical trials consistent with the mission of MCHS.
- Maintains and enhances external relationships with study sponsors, collaborative groups, and outside investigators.
- Participates in Trinity Health and MCHS system-wide meetings and committees, representing and advancing the goals of ORA. Participates in Graduate Medical Education (GME) meetings as appropriate for support of research efforts in GME.
- Serves as the administrator of the MCHS Institutional Review Board, providing for its functions and purposes, appointing members and chairpersons, and evaluating the organizational effectiveness of the IRB.
- Maintains regular communication with the MCHS Institutional Official and VP of Compliance and Integrity on matters related to research affairs and IRB activities. , and pertinent local policies, state and federal regulations, and ethical protection of human subjects.
- Serves as an independent investigator to develop internal and/or external research protocols to support a program of research.
- Supports the development and preparation of clinical research protocols from Medical Education faculty and residents.
- In collaboration with Mount Carmel Foundation staff, seeks out and applies for grants and other funding opportunities to support research and Medical Education program activities.
- Serves as a Trinity and MCHS system resource for projects, issues and educational needs related to scholarly activities, research and statistical methods, the ethical protection of human subjects and research regulatory compliance. Supports the development and preparation of manuscripts derived from ORA-supported GME faculty and resident projects for publication in peer-reviewed journals. Serves as a member of the Graduate Medical Education Committee.
Some local and national travel required.
- Meets population specific and all other competencies according to department requirements.
- Promotes a Culture of Safety by adhering to policy, procedures and plans that are in place to prevent workplace injury, violence or adverse outcome to associates and patients.
- Relationship-based Care: Creates a caring and healing environment that keeps the patient and family at the center of care throughout their experience at Mount Carmel following the principles of our interdisciplinary care delivery system.
- Serves as a member of the MCHS Research Administrative Review Committee to report on research operations and provide detailed expertise on matters being considered by the committee.""
- Education: MD, PhD or MBA as applicable
- Licensure / Certification: CCRP, ACRP-CP, CCRC, CHRC, or other research certification preferred.
- Experience: 5 years of experience in clinical and educational research preferred.
- Evidence of scholarly productivity including publications, presentations, and journal editorial service preferred.
- Demonstrated success in obtaining grant funding for research and programs if applicable.
- Experience in the use of project management, data analysis (SPSS, SAS, Minitab, etc.), data management (e.g., Access, Excel), and organizational clinical systems.
- Demonstrated success in an administration role, demonstrated skills in managing the research study process from initiation to completion preferred.
- Demonstrated contract negotiation and management skills.
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to the protection of human subjects, physician contracting, and research services agreements.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Administrative experience including human resource management and financial management.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Job Number: 00109065
Location: Columbus, OH
Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
Facility: MCHS - Corporate Services Center
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift