Trinity Health Emergency Medical Services Outreach Advocate and Trainer - Emergency Services - Mount Carmel Health - Casual/Contingent in Columbus, Ohio
At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
The Emergency Medical Services Outreach Advocate and Trainer plans and facilitates education for courses for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and conducts courses at EMS stations throughout the region.
- Plan and facilitate education for courses for EMS
- Track education through paperwork/electronic tracking and collaborating with EMS coordinators and EMS service coordinator
- Conduct courses at EMS stations throughout the region
- Develop education, didactic and experientia, specific to EMS
- Ensure EMS continuing education requirements are met for each presentation
- Act as an educational resource for education for EMS
- Review and revise education programs specific to EMS
- Collaborate with the EMS coordinators and Center for Innovative Learning on educational programs
- Must be able to build and develop PowerPoint and other informational technology educational components
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing.
- Certified Paramedic in the state of Ohio. Preferred graduate of an accredited college of nursing
- Certified Paramedic in the State of Ohio. Must be BLS/ACLS certified and obtain BLS/ACLS instructor card within 6 months of hire
- Minimum 1 year of teaching or education experience in the clinical setting.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Competence in computer use and Microsoft programs as well as Mount Carmel computer programs as needed
- Must be able to work and be comfortable with all cultural and socio-economic groups
- Must have knowledge of community based health care delivery system
- Must be self-directed
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day. Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Job Number: 00101935
Location: Columbus, OH
Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
Facility: MCHS - Mount Carmel East
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift