Trinity Health Director, Emergency Department - Mount Carmel East in Columbus, Ohio
At Mount Carmel, we challenge our leaders and managers to live our values and lead with strength. Only through their commitment to our colleagues will we continue to advance our mission. Our commitment to you: collaborative leaders and opportunities for professional development.
The Director, Emergency Department, will be overseeing and leading the direction of our new Comprehensive Level II Trauma Center. The flagship hospital and tertiary referral center for Mount Carmel Health System, Mount Carmel East, is in the midst of an exciting period of growth—our ongoing modernization project will result in an all-private, 381-bed campus optimized to provide the healthcare of tomorrow while reflecting our commitment to people-centered care in everything we do. With our new, 5-story tower that opened in June 2018, go-live of level II trauma care in August 2018, and a comprehensive stroke program, we will bring comfort, confidence and advanced care to Columbus' east side communities for generations to come.
- Collaborates with all disciplines on the healthcare team and within the Organization, including a strong partnership with senior leadership, to develop goals and objectives, performance targets, and business and strategic plans as appropriate for designated areas.
- Develop new programs in response to identified community, organizational and/or patient needs.
- Develop and support nursing services leadership acting as servant leader.
- Guide strategy and implementation plan for positive patient experience and colleague engagement.
- Operationalize organizational initiatives and present to front line.
- Provide strategic succession planning throughout the department
- Ensure efficient operation within productivity measures while staying current with changing dynamics.
- Align with other system leadership to develop strong working relationships.
- Education: Master's degree prepared in Nursing, Healthcare, Business, or other related field required. *If applicant's Master's degree is not in nursing, they must possess a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Licensure/Certification: Current licensure as Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Ohio required.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years Director level experience in Level II or Level III Trauma Center required.
- Prior Director and change management experience required; Lean or Six Sigma Operational methodology experience preferred.
- Prior experience in Magnet Facility a preferred.
- Effective Communication Skills.
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll lead a designated group of talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day. Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Job Number: 00089422
Location: Columbus, OH
Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
Facility: MCHS - Mount Carmel East
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift