Trinity Health Diet Clerk-Full Time-Grove City in Columbus, Ohio
At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being of both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
In accordance with the Mission and Guiding Behaviors; the Diet Clerks performs clerical and
administrative duties in support of patients, clinical dietitian and patient meal services. The
Diet Clerk functions in the spirit of teamwork, is accountable for communications with the
standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the organization.
- Communicates pertinent clinical information to the Clinical Dietitian and appropriate
members of the patient care team.
- Checks patient tray tickets against STAR diet review to assure tray ticket is accurate and
consistent with diet order and patient preferences
- Documents patient data accurately and completely. Enters and updates appropriate tray
ticket notes and census notes for patient satisfaction and diet compliance.
- Counts and records daily patient census and meal census including numbers of late trays
and productivity sheets.
- Visits all patients as assigned (BME and Levels of care) and addresses patient / family diet
concerns in a timely and efficient manner.
Checks patient trays for accuracy during meal service.
Inventories and controls usage of supplies including menus, computer paper and labels.
All other duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent required. Additional college training in dietetics or
related field preferred.
- Previous health care experience or demonstrated knowledge of dietetics and
medical terminology preferred
- Demonstrates priority setting, organizational skills and the ability to remain calm under
- Possesses a high level of professionalism and the ability to establish good rapport with
patients, family members, staff and physicians..
Flexibility to work a variety of shifts/variable schedules.
Experience in dealing with customer service.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Job Number: 00119675
Location: Columbus, OH
Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
Facility: MCHS - Mount Carmel West
Employment Type: Full time