Rose International INC Database Administrator in Columbus, Ohio
Position Title: Database Administrator
Position Number: 306613
Location: Columbus, OH
Desired Skill Set:
Active Directory, ETL, RDBMS, SQL Server, SSIS
C2C is not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Position: Database Administrator 4
Location: Columbus, OH 43212
Start Date: 03/04/2019
End Date: 06/30/2019
Interviews: On-site interviews (Manager may request initial Interview stream videos)
The candidate will be supporting The CLIENT Database Administration team.
• The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our agency applications.
• This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal, communication and documentation skills.
• The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server Data Repository(warehouse), ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, ETL using SSIS, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams for our online applications.
• The data repository supports an enterprise application suite of program management tools.
• Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
• The candidate will also be working with the rest of the team to implement the agency''s new Azure SQL Server cloud database environment.
• The Architecture of this new space is important to the sustainability and growth of the agency.
• The candidate will help support our on premise High-Availability SQL Server environment which contains multiple in-house development and off the shelf products.
• Support includes, database development, security, maintenance jobs and backup/recover.
• Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Experience with SQL Server High Availability important.
• Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
• Build SSIS packages to integrate data throughout systems.
• Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
• Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
• Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
• Have experience with decommissioning and migration of older to new systems.
4 year college degree or equivalent technical study with advanced study preferred.
• 5-10+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
• Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
• Ability to organize and plan work independently
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
• ETL using SSIS
• MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
• 1-2+ years MS Azure SQL Server Administration experience required
• Data Modeling#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)