Trinity Health Clinical Social Worker / Counselor - Crime and Trauma Assistance Program (CTAP) - Mount Carmel West in Columbus, Ohio
At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Mount Carmel's Crime & Trauma Assistance Program (CTAP)is the only program in central Ohio that offers free, trauma-focused, best practice therapy to victims. That's thanks to the generosity of Mount Carmel Foundation donors and grants from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the Ohio Department of Justice, and the Ohio Attorney General's Office. It is our mission to facilitate the healing and recovery process for victims, survivors, and co-survivors of crime and traumatic events through education, empowerment, and therapeutic intervention.
The Clinical Social Worker/Counselor utilizes various treatment modalities in providing group and individual treatment services to victims of crime and trauma, their families and significant others, in an atmosphere sensitive to each person’s physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs. The Clinical Social Worker/Counselor uses professional and clinical judgment for initial and ongoing assessment, treatment planning, specialized trauma care and discharge planning; carries a select client caseload; supports the program as otherwise assigned by the program coordinator; practices within the scope of MCHS and department policies and procedures; practices within the scope of applicable registration or licensure under the Counselor, Social Worker & Marriage and Family Therapist Board of Ohio.
- Completes biopsychosocial assessments and determines appropriate level of care for new and returning clients.
- Independently diagnoses clients.
- Uses clinical judgment in establishing individual treatment plans and interventions, as indicated.
- Master's degree required in Human Services, Social Work, Counseling, or related field. Independent licensure in the designated discipline by the State of Ohio Counselor and Social Work Board is required. CCDC III certification preferred.
- Experience: At least two years of experience with individual and group counseling in trauma.
- Self- Motivated, independent, organized, able to prioritize work
- Ability to Multi-Task
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Job Number: 00115928
Location: Columbus, OH
Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
Facility: MCHS - Mount Carmel West
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift