Trinity Health Associate Chaplain - Casual - Mount Carmel West in Columbus, Ohio
At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
The Associate Chaplain is responsible for providing pastoral ministry as needed in all clinical areas and on an emergency basis according to the Standards for Excellence in Spiritual Care established by the Trinity Health Care System. Responds according to departmental procedures on all emergency and routine referrals for Spiritual Care Services. Serves as a resource for the spiritual/emotional needs of patients, visitors and MCHS associates initiating and developing positive and professional relationships with patients, visitors and associates exhibiting respect, responsibility and cooperation at all times.
- Participates in Performance Improvement initiatives as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Provides liturgical and sacramental ministries for patients, their loved ones and the MCHS community according to the Spiritual Care Services policies and procedures.
- Shares in the responsibility of providing 24 hour pastoral care coverage.
- Lead prayer and spiritual services for staff as requested
- Visit clinic patients while hospitalized, if requested by patient or staff
- Must be comfortable in chaotic and unkempt environments
- Education: Bachelor's degree required. Master's Degree preferred in Divinity, Theology, Pastoral Counseling, Pastoral Ministry.
- Licensure / Certification: A minimum of one unit of accredited Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) completed.
- Self- Motivated, independent, organized, able to prioritize work
- Ability to Multi-Task
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers.We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Job Number: 00115713
Location: Columbus, OH
Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
Facility: MCHS - Mount Carmel West
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift