Trinity Health Administrative Assistant - Corporate Services Center in Columbus, Ohio
At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support and assistance to the Vice Presidents or Directors of a service line or a functional area, or site-specific Leader within the Mount Carmel Health System. Functions within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the organization. Responsibilities may include office organization, filing, typing, managing calendars and routine administration. Uses standard office equipment, which may include such equipment as a personal computer, word processor, calculator, fax and copier machines. Coordinates activity to facilitate efficient workflow.
- Maintains appointment calendar for assigned executive.
- Types reports, minutes, memoranda, and proof reads copy, making necessary corrections of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Answers telephone, relays calls, takes messages accurately and screens calls as directed by the executive.
- Composes and types letters and notes.
- Maintains organizational records and files.
- Requisitions office and miscellaneous supplies needed and submits work orders for maintenance and printing when required.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and submits expenses accordingly.
- Using good judgement, independently performs many of the day to day functions of the department / division.
- Handles mail distribution and makes reproductions.
- Coordinates executive recruitment including correspondence and interview schedules.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Prepares appropriate requisition for payment of various services.
- Completes all executive assignments as requested by supervising leader.
- Provide support to other Administrative Assistants as business needs arise due to extended absences or vacancies.
- Provide support to Executive Assistants as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent required. Graduate of a Secretarial School or Business School preferred.
- Experience: 3-5 years of progressive administrative support experience required.
- Proficient with personal computer, Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, including management of multiple calendars in MS Outlook.
- Must be able to do normal business arithmetic accurately and maintain statistical records and reports.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers.We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Job Number: 00100616
Location: Columbus, OH
Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
Facility: MCHS - Corporate Services Center
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift