Leidos Chief Engineer in Columbia, Maryland
Leidos has a career opening for a CSS Chief Engineer located in Columbia, MD.
The CSS Chief Engineer will support the CSS Technical Leadership organization, providing oversight, guidance, and technical management support to CSS Programs, Internal Research and Development, and Business Development and Capture efforts. This role is primarily indirect, 70-100%, but does allow for the selected candidate to maintain a less than full-time direct role. The position requires roughly 10% (CONUS) travel, and the ability to surge to meet deadlines.
• Support CSS Technical Management and Administrative activities (recurring meetings and business rhythms)
• Implement the CSS Technical Program Execution Strategy - ensuring that CSS programs identify an appropriate set of technical leads, and engaging with those leads to enhance CSS business, identify and mitigate program risks, and implement technical activities to drive program growth and improve posture for re-competes
• Perform as the Lead Solution Architect for critical captures, assist across all capture activities
• Develop and Implement technical strategy relating to CSS SIGINT and Cyber customers and opportunities
• Initiate technology evaluation and prototyping related to CSS program needs and roadmaps
• Create and support Employee Engagement Initiatives
• Coordinate and execute collaboration and cross-function support across Leidos technical organizations
• Take on significant externally facing responsibilities - external to CSS, external to Leidos - in representing CSS capabilities, performance, and strategy
• Bachelor's degree and 12 + years of experience in and Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical discipline.
• Advanced degree is strongly preferred
• Experience working direct programs for CSS customers in technical, technical management, and/or program management roles. Demonstrated experience taking on roles of increasing responsibility.
• Experience supporting business development and capture activities including responding to RFIs, RFPs, and other customer acquisition requests
• Proven written and oral communications skills targeted at all levels of an organization
• Expertise in one or more areas of relevant technical focus including Cybersecurity, Technical Analysis, Software Development, Data Science and Engineering, Systems Integration, and Systems Engineering
• Past performance as a Technical Volume Lead for MPO acquisitions
• Experience as a Principal Investigator on Internal Research and Development projects
• Experience supporting the recruiting process (technical requisition development, technical interview and feedback)
• Experience supporting development of technical teaming agreements
• Demonstrated ability to support multi-year technical and organizational strategies
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.
- Leidos Jobs