Hilton Guest Relations Officer (Japanese) in Colombo, Sri Lanka
A Guest Relations Office (Japanese) directly addresses the needs of Guests and informs other Team Members of Guest needs in order to ensure an exceptional Guest experience.
What will I be doing?
As Guest Relations Officer (Japanese), you will directly address the needs of Japanese Guests and inform other Team Members of Guest needs in order to ensure an exceptional Guest experience. You are responsible for managing the first impressions of our Japanese Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Meet, greet and direct Guests who enter the lobby area.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Japanese Guests and ensure hotel departments are fully briefed on their requirements.
- Seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond to all Guest queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Serve as a point of contact for long-stay Guests ensuring they feel comfortable and can ask advice or information from Guest Relations Manager, record and resolve promptly Guest or customer complaints.
- Ensure a very high level of customer service is constantly maintained for Reception, Lobby area and Executive Lounge.
- Work together with Sales Team in securing business from Japanese Market, locally and overseas. Join the Sales team as and when required when visiting potential customers and existing customers.
- Support F&B by obtaining business and by interacting with Japanese Guests, when they are patronizing our outlets.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all facilities and services provided within the hotel and identify opportunities for up-selling and promoting when appropriate.
- Show creativity with ideas regarding lobby/reception decoration at suitable seasonal time periods in order to enhance the overall image and warmth of this area for the Guests.
- Communicate with the Executive Lounge Manager and track and reward regular Guests for their loyalty and creativity; choose rewards that meet Guest preferences while remaining within the allocated budget.
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas.
- Attend all FO/ Reception meetings and Executive Lounge Meeting.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems.
- Assist with other departments, as necessary.
What are we looking for?
Guest Relations Officer (Japanese) serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Minimum two years of experience in a similar position, handling Japanese Guests, preferably in a star-class property.
- Ability to converse in Japanese and English language (reading, writing and speaking is important)
- An ability to listen and respond to demanding Guest needs.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Accountable and resilient.
- Commitment to delivering a high levels of customer service.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of different work situations.
- Having a Diploma in Hospitality Management or an equivalent in a reputable Institute would be advantageous.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- High level of IT proficiency
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services, Operations, and Front Office
Title: Guest Relations Officer (Japanese)
Requisition ID: HOT06ITJ
- Hilton Jobs