Trinity Health LPN - 12 hour shifts in Cohoes, New York
Eddy Village Green in Cohoes, NY has an opportunity to work in a skilled nursing facility offering candidates a way to develop and strengthen their nursing skills! The team is looking for a LPN to work part time nights,and willing to help train recent graduates or those that are looking to pursue a new and rewarding area of nursing! This position would be ideal for a nurse that is looking for a unique model as this is one of the only facilities to have the greenhouse model in the Northeast!
This is a 192 bed skilled nursing facility providing care in a non-traditional way through 16 twelve bed houses. Greenhouse is a pioneering effort in long term care bringing control back to the elders that live in the houses by honoring their lifelong routines and preferences. In addition to the culture change in care delivery there is also a relationship shift between nurses and the C.N.A's that manage the individual houses.
As a member of our caring, compassionate health care professionals you'll enjoy:
- Flexibility with scheduling
- Great shift differentials
- Great co-workers and leaders that support their staff and their needs
- Extensive training for all nurses that work at Eddy Village Green to ensure they will be successful
- Unique facility model, being the largest in the nation and only a few within the Northeast to adapt this model of care
- Location with an easy commute from Troy, Latham and Clifton Park!
- Shadow experiences for those interested in getting additional insight on this rewarding opportunity
The selected candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Administering medications and treatments for 36 elders
- Act as a coach and provide guidance for all clinical needs of the elders living in the home
- Know and build working relationships with the residents
- Provide nursing care to residents under the direction of a RN
- Demonstrate St. Peter’s Health Partners Standards of Behavior and Core Values
- Valid NYS LPN license
- 1+ year of experience as a LPN, but willing to help train the right candidate to further their skills
- 1+ yr working in a skilled nursing facility
- Willingness to go between multiple houses on campus
- Maintain the highest level of customer service while completing day to day duties and responsibilities
- Communicate effectively in a fast pace work environment
- Engage within a team setting
- Leadership and mentorship of the C.N.A staff
- Passion to learn, grow and develop in the nursing field
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Number: 00161253
Location: Cohoes, NY
Organization Name: St. Peter's Health Partners
Facility: SPNY - Eddy Village Green
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: 12 Hour Night Shift