Capgemini Technical Lead - Salesforce CloudCraze in Chicago, Illinois
The Technical Lead (TECH LEAD) position is a senior development/supervisory position in the Digital Customer Experience (DCX) group at Capgemini. The TECH LEAD position corresponds to the Development Technical Team Leader (Team Lead) role on projects, and supervises the day-to-day activity of development team (back-end developers and/or front-end developers) and functions as a project team’s most senior applications engineer. The TECH LEAD reports organizationally to the Development Manager; however, he or she partners functionally within project teams, working under the direction of the Technical Architect (TA), and the Project Manager (PM). The TECH LEAD can be involved in sprint planning, release planning, running daily scrums, performing code reviews, development task definition & delegation, providing technical direction and guidance to Application Engineers on the project, and communicating with team members on both progress and roadblocks.On projects of smaller size and simple-to-intermediate complexity, the TECH LEAD can be called upon to perform software development, and is expected and required to have and maintain the skills of a Lead Application Engineer on the platform.
From a Functional Perspective, the TECH LEAD is responsible for:
Coaching front-end and back-end developers in their engineering approach, and helping foster improvement in applications engineering skills
Active application development role
On smaller projects with 2-3 developers, coding complex tasks; on larger projects, providing software design guidance to developers for the more complex tasks.
Identifying and promptly escalating roadblocks to the TA and/or PM as appropriate.
Participate on Improvement Teams relating to the DCX Delivery Standards – including participation in Sprint/Release/Project Retrospectives/Post-Mortems.
Identify Reusable Components:
i) Collaborate with TA/SA/CTA/CFED/CBED to identify if any existing component(s) can be used for the customized code.
ii) Collaborate with TA/SA/CTA/CFED/CBED to identify an opportunity to develop new reusable component(s) within upcoming project(s).
Software Architecture Planning including
Prescribing the software design, including design patterns, that will be used for development of software modules, integrations, and customizations
Providing direction to developers on which platform facilities, API’s, scripts, and frameworks should be used for the features that they have been assigned to develop.
Providing necessary documentation (formal as necessary) for a specific suggested implementation of a feature to quickly relay direction on how it will be implemented
Development Sprint Planning (with the TA, PM, BA), including
Estimating tasks and deciding which user stories can be completed in each sprint
Determining the branch and merge approach for each sprint
Task Assignment & Resource Allocation
Creating and defining tasks in JIRA with sufficient detail for the developer to be able to execute the task – including estimates for hours and deadline
Assigning tasks to resources having appropriate capabilities
Ensure resources are optimally utilized - not sitting idle, and not overloaded.
Identify staffing & utilization risks, and escalate to the PM as appropriate.
Developer Coaching, ensuring each Developer is equipped for success such that:
Developer understands the task objectives, requirements, constraints, approach
Developer understands task estimates and deadlines
Developer understands relevant references, resources
Discuss potential challenges / risks
Follow-up as appropriate with Developers to ensure work is progressing as required; identify and manage blocking issues, identify and manage required resources, etc.
Support the PM in running daily development SCRUM meetings during development sprints. Step up to run the SCRUMS in the PM’s stead as needed.
Coaching front-end and back-end developers in their engineering approach, and helping to clear roadblocks as they arise.
Ensuring tasks are completed within the agreed upon number of hours and timeframe, and that they meet the requirements as defined in the task and its user story, and that they meet DCX, platform, and industry standards and best practices.
Performing code reviews with development team members, submitting inspection forms and signoff on the integrity of the work checked in to the project.
Provide guidance and governance around the DCX Delivery Standards in partnership with the TA and PM/AC.
Regular PM communications regarding development impacts to scope, budget, timeline, quality, and resource utilization.
Regular TA communications regarding requirements and architecture.
Consistent communication with developers regarding task requirements, approach, and status.
Periodic client communications (client meetings, client written communications, client technical advisement, consultative professionalism) as required.
Release Management including
Management of Branch & Merge related activities during the project
Running Branch Integration meetings to merge feature branches back into the development branch
Management of Release Hardening activities to prepare releases for QA and UAT
Prepares Demos for any released features, including documentation (if necessary) of how to utilize this feature
Build Administration including
Creating and maintain build configurations in the relevant tools (e.g. Jenkins/Hudson)
Creating and distributing Release Notes
Project Transition – in partnership with the TA and PM:
Coordination with Commerce Realized [CR] (aka Application Support [AS]), and Application Hosting [AH] regarding the schedule for transitioning the client and application from Commerce Implementation [CI] (aka Ecommerce Implementation [Ei]) to [CR] / [AH] post launch.
Collect / prepare technical documentation to facilitate [CR] / [AH] ongoing support and maintenance of the application.
Conduct knowledge transfer sessions between [CI] and [CR] / [AH]
Standards Governance including
Knowing & understanding the relevant standards and practices
DCX Implementation Standards & Practices
general industry Best Practices
Best Practices for the specific platform and related technology
PCI-DSS and Secure Coding
GDPR & Privacy
Communicating the relevant requirements to the development team.
Enforcing the relevant requirements through code reviews and other governance techniques.
Escalating issues as necessary through the TA and PM.
Creates and submits own individual time sheets on a weekly basis in compliance with policies & procedures.
Creates and submits own individual expense reports in compliance with policies & procedures.
Participate in internal communities for knowledge sharing and thought leadership. These include
platform-specific skype chats & meetings
role-specific skype chats & meetings
organizational group-specific skype chats & meetings
Contribute to Marketing Thought Leadership, such as through blog posts, white-papers, webinars, conference papers & presentations, etc.
Contributions to internal code repositories such as Reference Applications, Accelerators, and Reuse repositories.
Participation in internal initiatives such as SWOT initiatives and improvements to internal processes and methods.
Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
* This list of essential responsibilities and functions is not exhaustive. Capgemini reserves the right to supplement this list, particularly if the scope of duties in this position changes.
• B.S. Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent experience
• Salesforce DEX450 “Programmatic Development using Apex and Visualforce in Lightning Exper” course or equivalent experience
• Salesforce Platform Developer I certification preferred
• CloudCraze Technical Training or equivalent experience
• Minimum 7 years recent experience in web development
• Minimum 5 years recent experience in Ecommerce project.
• Minimum 3 years recent experience in the relevant platform
• Minimum 2 years recent experience as a Technical Lead & Team Leader.
• Capable of successfully leading Large Size or Complex projects.
• Capable of successfully leading multiple Small Size or Simple Complexity projects.
• Ability to translate business issues into technical solutions including technical leadership and coordination, and ensuring customer needs are met.
• Ability to work hands on to write and debug code, configuration in salesforce and troubleshoot issues, willing to collaborate with teams across technologies.
• Experience working in agile methodologies.
• Leadership abilities, sound problem solving, communication, organizational, and time management skills
• Ability to work across business and IT stakeholders in providing solutions.
• Proficient in core Ecommerce functionalities and platform specific customization.
• Proficient understanding of platform specific architecture
• Proficient in developing web applications for the relevant focus (i.e. Front-End or Back-End) and platform
• Proficient in managing the “back office” administration of the relevant platform
• Proficient in using and managing version control through GIT – including planning & creating branches, and performing merges.
• Proficient in effectively documenting complex functionality in application source code and technical documentation.
• Ability to lead, enforce, and help define development standards.
• Current Developer certification in the relevant platform, or ability to obtain such certification within 3 months of hire.
• Solid understanding of Object Oriented concepts.
• Solid understanding of the MVC paradigm.
• Proficient at launching applications on the ecommerce platform.
• Superior problem-solving skills, creative thinking, critical thinking.
• Strong communication skills – verbal and written (documentation, code, email, etc.)
• Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills.
• Self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to learn and apply new skills quickly.
• Proven track records of meeting and exceeding goals.
• Proficient in leading & supervising application development teams.
• Proficient in leading effective scrum meetings.
• Proficient in Release planning & management
• Proficient in Sprint planning.
• Strong organization skills – scheduling, prioritizing, planning, tracking.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
• Solid understanding of Salesforce administration and configuration
• Extensive experience working on Salesforce Sales, Service Cloud, and Communities.
• Extensive experience developing on Force.com, Apex, Visualforce, Lightening, and integrations.
• Extensive experience working with SOQL and Salesforce Data Loader
• Experience with system integration (REST API) including associated functional and unit test code, and code validation against unit tests
• Proven ability of developing API's
• Responsible for developing integrations for Salesforce-based applications and improvements
• Extensive experience implementing and launching ecommerce solutions on CloudCraze
• Exposure to Handlebars, Backbone
• Knowledge of Cloud Craze extension points and configuration vs. customization tasks
• Knowledge of Cloud Craze Data Model and OOTB Capabilities, including Catalog Configuration, Storefront Configuration, Product Configuration, Cart and Wishlist Configuration, etc.
• Hands-On experience implementing Constraint Rules, Price Metrix and Price Rule Sets, Promotions, Localization etc.
• Follow established Salesforce / Cloud Craze development standards and best practices
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - https://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Organization: NA LP DCX
Title: Technical Lead - Salesforce CloudCraze
Requisition ID: 045714
- Capgemini Jobs