Trinity Health Medical Assistant - Certified - Career Fair April 27, 2020 in Chicago, Illinois
The Certified/Registered Medical Assistant will support the physician and other providers in delivering quality health care to ambulatory patients and will perform a variety of tasks to promote continuity of care. The Medical Assistant utilizes a defined skill set consistent with their basic educational program, certification, and relevant work experience to deliver direct patient care to the patient in the ambulatory setting. Working under the direct supervision/licensure of the physician, the Medical Assistant is an integral member of the team and provides the pre/intra/post aspects of the medical visit.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High-school Diploma required.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program preferred (CAAHEP or ABHES) OR 2 years’ experience out of the last 3 years as a Medical Assistant;
- Current Medical Assistant Certification/Registration required within 6 months of hire:
CCMA (Clinical Medical Assistant Certification) thru NHA (National Healthcare Association); CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) thru AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistant); NCMA (Certification as a Medical Assistant) thru NCCT (National Center for Competency Testing); RMA (Registered Medical Assistant) thru AMT (American Medical Technologists); RCMAS (Registered Clinical Medical Assistant Specialist thru NCMA (National Certification Medical Association);
- Current CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification required.
- Knowledge of HIPPA standards required.
- Knowledge of infection control standards preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in an ambulatory primary or specialty setting preferred.
- Experience with electronic documentation and retrieval of patient information preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required
- Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to effectively communicate with the population served required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment including Word and Excel preferred.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changes in workflow required.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively required.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member of a multidisciplinary team required.
- Must possess the ability to coordinate the efficient use of examination rooms by the physician/provider maintaining optimal patient flow required.
*Duties and Responsibilities:*
- *Clinical Support*: Provides support in the delivery of quality care.
Uses planning and collaboration skills to maintain optimum work flow, including the preparing of rooms and patients, providing cross coverage and other duties as identified by the MMG.
Measures and records accurately: vital signs, records reason for visit and documents administration of any immunizations per protocol.
Performs various tests/procedures and medication administration per physician/provider order independently in accordance with the policy and scope of care.
Collects and processes specimens per lab protocol.
Recognizes and responds appropriately to urgent/emergent situations per protocol.
Anticipates the need for and completes all documentation necessary to ensure quality care.
Schedules patient appointments pursuant to physician/provider protocol.
Provides discharge instructions and assists patients in obtaining additional services ordered by the physician/provider and completes referrals as part of the discharge process.
Maintains appropriate inventory levels of supplies and medications, and further ensures that all outdated supplies and medications are removed from inventory prior to the expiration date.
Maintains department orderliness and cleanliness.
Actively participates in all Quality Improvement activities for successful accrediting surveys, including the collection and reporting of data.
Assures that quality audits are completed in a timely fashion and are returned within the required time parameters.
Participates in activities to evaluate and improve processes that will improve patient, physician and team satisfaction.
Accurately performs and maintains quality control logs in accordance with standards for maintaining CLIA certification.
Communicates continuously with physicians or other ancillary staff to ensure continuity of care.
Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
Participates in continuing education programs and all assigned meetings.
Adheres to infection control policies and protocols.
Participates in continuing education programs, educational workshops, assigned meetings and other growth opportunities.
Completes annual competency reviews.
Adheres to MHMC’s mission of providing access to compassionate care to our communities in a people centered environment.
Responsible for presenting the face of the MMG as a professional image in compliance with organizational policies.
Establishes a compassionate environment by demonstrating a sincere understanding and empathy in all interactions with patients.
Treats patients, families and team members with respect and incorporates cultural differences into interactions/care.
Attentive and responsive to the needs and concerns of patients, staff and physicians
Meets or exceeds established patient satisfaction targets.
Job Number: 00198612
Location: Chicago, IL
Organization Name: Mercy Health System of Chicago
Facility: MHCIL – Mercy Hospital and Medical Center Main Campus
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift