Trinity Health Compensation and Benefits Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
Under the general supervision of the Director, Compensation and Benefits, the Compensation and Benefits Analyst is responsible for maintaining the integrity and competitive quality of the organization’s compensation program. Develops and/or reviews job descriptions, analyzes survey data, and makes recommendations for salary scale increases. Participates in various compensation and benefits surveys throughout the year.
Maintains the integrity and competitive quality of the compensation program:
- Makes salary recommendations for all new hire offers, promotional increases, and departmental restructuring.
- Ensures that internal equity is maintained throughout the organization.
- Analyzes all Mercy Hospital and Medical Center positions annually and makes recommendations for salary scale increases through market pricing.
- Maintains Job Code and Title Listing and submits requests to Trinity Health System Office to add, change and delete job profiles in Workday.
Coordinates and maintains standardized job descriptions:
- Works with department heads to ensure that all Mercy Hospital and Medical Center’s job descriptions are standardized and reflective of all incumbents’ responsibilities.
- Ensures all Mercy Hospital and Medical Center positions are properly classified according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Administer group health, dental, vision, flexible spending account and pre-tax transportation and parking plans, including:
- Conducting New Hire benefits orientations.
- Answering employee questions regarding benefits plans, providing assistance to employees with navigating Workday.
- Processing elections in Workday, submitting election forms to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois and Benefit Resource, Inc.
- Terminating coverage with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois.
- Resolving benefit coverage errors with all carriers/vendors.
- Auditing Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois health insurance invoices.
- Process Medical Support Orders received from the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services as well as private attorney offices.
- Process Verifications received from the Illinois Department of Human Services.
Process Workday Transactions, including:
Employee benefit elections
Employee data changes
- Status Changes
- Granting COBRA eligibility in Workday for employees/former employees who lose coverage and dependents that age out.
Completes various surveys annually:
- Completes compensation and benefits surveys throughout the year. Performs cost/benefit analysis to recommend participation in additional surveys.
- Participates on User Committee at Metropolitan Chicago Healthcare Council (MCHC) to recommend positions for upcoming compensation surveys.
Coordinate the Employee Termination Process, including:
- Reviewing and processing Workday transactions
- Updating Termination Listing and emailing daily listing to various departments to facilitate termination of Mercy computer, pharmacy, etc. access.
- Preparing and mailing group life portability/conversion forms to employees who lose coverage.
Administers the Educational Assistance Program:
- Reviews all Educational Assistance Program Applications and prepares appropriate communications, including approvals, requests for additional information, denials and requests payment through payroll.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain current certifications/registrations for Medical Assistants and Clinical Lab Assistants.
- Coordinate Summer Intern program, including:
- Soliciting departments for summer intern assignments.
- Monitoring summer interns’ performance with departmental feedback.
- Approving timecards.
- Other Duties as Assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources preferred.
- Five to seven years of prior compensation analysis experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Demonstrated capability with compensation theory and practice.
- Exceptional logical thought processes and deductive reasoning ability.
- Detail oriented with excellent planning/organizational skills is essential.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new computer systems is required.
- Professionalism and confidentiality are required.
Job Number: 00112699
Location: Chicago, IL
Organization Name: Mercy Health System of Chicago
Facility: MHCIL – Mercy Hospital and Medical Center Main Campus
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift