Trinity Health Certified Nursing Assistant in Chicago, Illinois
- Under the direction of, and in partnership with, the registered professional nurse performs all of the following activities as directed, based on the individual needs of the patient, incorporating the attributes of Careful Nursing.
- Collects clinical data, reporting any unusual results to the nurse:
- TPR, BP, Pain Scale
- Intake and Output
- Blood glucose levels
- Height and weight
- Documents finding in appropriate areas of chart, including shift and 24 hour intake and output in an accurate, timely and legible fashion.
- Performs assigned therapeutic tasks:
- Lifting, positioning, ambulating patients.
- Feeds patients.
- Assists with application of restraints as directed.
- Collects specimens as assigned:
- Performs phlebotomy for blood specimen collection.
Collects urine, stool and sputum specimens as
- Draws blood cultures and type/cross match for blood administration.
- Transports specimens to laboratory when necessary
- Performs basic nursing procedures as directed
- Assists patients with oral hygiene and personal grooming
- Provides AM and PM care for patients
- Bathes patients as needed
- Changes bed linen according to policy and patient need
- Delivers and removes food trays in a timely fashion
Obtains STAT medications from Pharmacy as directed.
- Ensures that patients receive fresh water on a regular basis
- Rounds on a regular basis to anticipate and avoid use of call lights
- Performs post mortem care as directed
- Anticipates need for supplies for dressing changes, intravenous therapy or other procedures, and places required supplies at bedside in preparation for use:
- Obtains equipment from clean supply area.
Job Number: 00153072
Location: Chicago, IL
Organization Name: Mercy Health System of Chicago
Facility: MHCIL – Mercy Hospital and Medical Center Main Campus
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Night Shift