Trinity Health ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST in Chicago, Illinois
* Position sits at Loyola in Maywood
Under the supervision of the Accounting/Accounts Payable Manager, the Accounts Payable Specialist will process vendor invoices/purchase orders via Lawson Accounts Payable system and HEMM (Horizon Enterprise Materials Management) system to ensure correct and timely payment to vendors. Answer employee and vendor questions regarding payment terms and policies. Demonstrate Trinity Health Mission and core values (Reverence, Commitment to Those who are poor, Justice, Stewardship, & Integrity).
- Process invoices for payment via Lawson Accounts Payable system and processing Purchase Orders via HEMM (Horizon Enterprise Materials Management) system which includes 3-way matching from various vendors. Interact/Follow up with purchasing and other department regarding purchase order/invoice discrepancies such as price and/or quantity issues. Review invoices / check requests for mathematical accuracy, proper authorization approval, sufficient documentation, and reasonableness of general ledger account distribution.
- Process Accounts Payable weekly check runs (Manual checks and EFT), attached appropriate documents to the check copies and reconciles to the check register. Respond promptly to internal and external vendor inquiries (email, phone, or in-person). Maintains Accounts Payable system and related files and records. Maintain vendor data/records for accuracy and completeness in Lawson Accounts Payable system. Review and/or update vendor 1099 coding classification in Lawson Accounts Payable system.
*EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE*
- Associates degree (AA) or equivalent (Preferred)
- High school graduate or equivalent.(Required)
- 2 years of related experience (Minimum).
- 3-5 years of related experience (Preferred).
- Experience with electronic Accounts Payable systems (Required).
- Experience with Microsoft Office software (Preferred).
Job Number: 00118023
Location: Chicago, IL
Organization Name: Mercy Health System of Chicago
Facility: MHCIL – Mercy Hospital and Medical Center Main Campus
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift