Geico Big Data Developer - ETL in Chevy Chase, Maryland
Big Data Developer - ETL
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States at https://geico.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/9359/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Information Technology at http://geico.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/information-technology-opportunities-at-geico-176
Share this Job
Do you want to be part of the transformation that's driving forward a truly data-driven company? Are you ready to collaborate and innovate in a team responsible for changing the customer experience using the latest technologies? As a Big Data Developer on the GEICO IT squad, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced innovative culture. As part of this team you will be creating and maintaining the data stores necessary to turn data into information that will be used for enterprise reports used by GEICO’s key business areas and top management.
• Develop, test, implement and maintain automated ETL operations for a variety of data sources and data marts.
• Create and execute test plans. Document assumptions, methodologies and validation techniques.
• Handle on call responsibilities and provide production support and maintenance.
• Participate in 24x7 on call support for key processes and data flows.
• At least 3 years of experience as a Big Data Developer
• Experience with manipulating and transforming data
• Some experience on Spark core and Spark SQL
• At least 2 years of experience on Hadoop Eco System (MapReduce, Oozie, Hive and Pig)
• At least 2 years of experience on core Java or Scala
• Exposure with noSQL databases, such as HBase or Cassandra or MongoDB
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Experience with Data Warehousing, Data Marts, Dimensional Modeling
• Experience with an ETL/ELT tool such as Ab Initio, Talend, or SSIS.
• Experience with Data Quality
• Experience with Performance optimization
• Familiarity with Agile development
NON-TECHNICAL SKILLS DESIRED:
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as contribute to team efforts
• Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
• Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques
• Passion to innovate and provide high quality data marts for reporting and analysis
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
401(k) and profit-sharing plans
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
Associate assistance program
Flexible spending accounts
Business casual dress
Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
Associate clubs and sports teams
GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.