Trinity Health Student X-Ray Contingent in Chelsea, Michigan
Contingent/casual X-Ray tech -must have weekend availability.
St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea (SJMC) is a not-for-profit hospital established in 1970. Located in Chelsea, Michigan, SJMC is a member of Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. SJMC is nationally recognized for both quality of care and patient satisfaction by national ranking organization Press Ganey. SJMC is consistently ranked in the top five percent of hospitals in the country for inpatient satisfaction, employee engagement, and physician satisfaction. SJMC has been recognized for two consecutive years as one of the ""Best Places to Work in Healthcare"" by Modern Healthcare Magazine and the Studer Group.
SJMC attracts more than 300 physicians in most disciplines, with leading edge technology, including the largest and strongest MRI in Michigan. As a not-for-profit hospital, St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea reinvests its profits back into the community through programs to serve the poor and uninsured, manage chronic conditions like diabetes, health education and promotion initiatives, and outreach for the elderly.
GENERAL SUMMARY AND PURPOSE:
The Student Radiology Technologist is responsible for screening, positioning and imaging of patient. The Student Radiology Technologist will be scheduled to work only when another Radiology Technologist is on-duty and will work closely with the Radiology Team Leader and Radiologist to produce the most diagnostic images possible in accordance with the department protocols.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of the first year of an accredited Radiologic Technologist program and currently enrolled in the second year Radiologic Technologist program.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Upon successful completion of the Radiologic Technology program, Student Radiology Technologist has 6 months to pass the ARRT (R) certification. Incumbents may only remain active in this role for 18 months.
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships.
- Approaches conflict in a constructive manner.
- Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participates in their resolution.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
- Maintains knowledge to perform the duties of the job.
- Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
- Prior to exam, screens patient for safety related issues such as verifying correct patient, appropriate clinical history for exam requested, correct order, etc.
- Uses two patient identifiers for all exams.
- Follows appropriate procedure protocols according to radiologist specifications.
- Performs exam utilizing proper technique, views, etc., for patient’s condition and requested exam.
- Completes patient related documentation in accordance with department and hospital policy.
- Study is reviewed and completed in PACS according to modality and workflow specifications.
- Prior to exam, screens patient for safety related issues.
- Responsible for participation in student education and meeting the requirements as set forth by the program.
- Demonstrates self-directed learning. Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
- Provides quality patient care by considering the age specific, development and cultural needs through competent clinical practice.
- Demonstrates unit/area competencies.
- Identifies and assists in resolution of problems related to safety, sanitation and maintenance of the environment.
- Practices effective communication in all interactions (patient, visitor, co-worker, etc.)
- Promotes a positive work environment by demonstrating teamwork. Remains diligent in keeping the environment safe.
- Communicates with other team members at all times to ensure the safety of all X-ray patients.
- Demonstrates clear clinical skills appropriate to the age of the patient.
Performs a variety of support functions, including but not limited to:
- Reviews patient schedule to identify potential problems, incorrect orders, etc.
- Maintains department supplies by notifying appropriate department personnel supplies that need to be ordered.
- Attend training related to daily job functions such as RadNet for placing orders, PACS, etc.
- Treats all patients, families, co-workers and visitors in a caring and respectful manner, being mindful of individual differences, and cultural and ethnic diversity.
Employees of St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea enjoy…
- Competitive compensation
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and Trinity Health
Visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American’s with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper’s Act, or SJMHS’s Return to Work Program.
Job Number: 00120697
Location: Chelsea, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Chelsea Comm Hospital
Employment Type: Part time