Trinity Health RN, Registered Nurse -Part Time in Chelsea, Michigan
General Summary: The Head Pain Treatment Unit at St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea is an internationally recognized, comprehensive inpatient program for the treatment of patients with severe, debilitating, intractable head, neck, and facial pain.
Developed in 1978 in partnership with the Michigan Head Pain and Neurological Institute (MHNI), the program has pioneered innovative and advanced therapies for patients suffering from pain. MHNI is the only program of its kind to have achieved accreditation from both the Joint Commission and the Commission of Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). The Medical Director of the Head Pain Unit is Joel R. Saper, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.A.A.N.
This is a Part Time Afternoon position working 20 hours per week that includes weekend and holiday rotation.
- Performs nursing assessments of the patients physical, psychosocial and cognitive status considering age and development level.
- Formulates and documents individualized plans of care developed with the patient, family and health care team members.
- Documents patient care according to Hospital and Department standards.
- Supervises the care provided by unlicensed assistive personnel under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Able to problem solve and manage crisis, able to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing patient care environment.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Demonstrates professional behaviors.
- Identifies own education and professional growth needs, develops plan and seeks resources to address
- Completes professional activities such as self-appraisal, Healthstream assignments, licensure renewal contact hours
- Participates in QI and evidence based practice activities and integrates resultant changes into practice
- Identifies problems & initiates appropriate follow up
- Assumes leadership responsibilities as delegated such as charge nurse role
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships.
- Approaches conflict in a constructive manner.
- Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution.
- Responds to questions and needs in a non-threatening and receptive manner.
Required Education, Experience and Certification/Licensure
Minimum Associates Degree from an accredited nursing program.
Must have a current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
Must have current BCLS/ACLS/PALS or ENPC certification ( or plan of attending ENPC which has limited class availability.
Minimum of 2 years recent ER or critical care experience preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities
Interpersonal skills necessary to initiate and maintain collegial relationships with coworkers and therapeutic relationships with patients and family.
Employees of St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea enjoy…
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance and Disability
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and Trinity Health
Visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American’s with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper’s Act, or SJMHS’s Return to Work Program.
Job Number: 00175844
Location: Chelsea, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Chelsea Comm Hospital
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Evening Shift