Trinity Health RN, Registered Nurse OR - Full Time Flex in Chelsea, Michigan
General Summary: *: *The Registered Nurse in Surgical Services is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care for all patients within the Surgical Services department. Supervises the care provided by unlicensed assistive personnel under the direction of the Registered Nurse. Ensures the safety of the patient.
This is a Flex RN position working both day and afternoons potions supporting Surgical Services.
1) Performs nursing assessments of the patients physical, psychosocial and cognitive status considering age and development level.
2) Supervises the care provided by unlicensed assistive personnel under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
3) Implements patient care in a manner consistent with the age of the patient, the plan of care and the changing needs of the patient.
4) Evaluates patient care needs, determines priorities and directs nursing care as required for surgery, prep, OR, PACU and Endoscopy/Pain Clinic
5) On-Call is required
6) Identifies and assists in resolution of problems related to safety, sanitation and maintenance of the environment.
Required Education, Experience and Certification/Licensure
1) Must have a current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan
2) Previous OR, Prep, PACU and Endoscopy/Pain Clinic experience required
3)ACLS and PALS may be required depending on placement in department
4)Effective 01/01/2013 BSN required within 5 years of hire date for new RNs
Employees of St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea enjoy…
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance and Disability
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and Trinity Health
Visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American’s with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper’s Act, or SJMHS’s Return to Work Program.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Number: 00152551
Location: Chelsea, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Chelsea Comm Hospital
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Rotating Shift