Trinity Health RN, Registered Nurse - Emergency Room in Chelsea, Michigan
*Position Summary: *Provides quality patient centered care considering age specific, developmental, cultural and spiritual needs through competent clinical practice and application of the nursing process. Consistently integrates concepts of relationship base care into practice. Serves as a clinical and educational resource to others on the unit. Assumes accountability for nursing care of designated patients. Demonstrates unit/area designated competencies. Supervises the care provided by unlicensed assistive personnel.
This is a Contingent / Flex RN position that will cover a variety of shifts including weekends as needed. All ED shifts are 12 hour shifts.
*Qualifications: *Graduation from accredited nursing program, new hires as of 1/1/13 must have a BSN degree or must agree in writing to obtain their BSN within the specified time frame. Must have a current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan. A minimum of 2 years recent ER or critical care experience is preferred. BCLS, ACLS and either PALS or ENPC are required – currently working towards ENPC certification vs. PALS certification. Must have TNCC within 8 months of hire.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Practices effective communication in all interactions (patient, visitor, co-worker, etc.)
Promotes a positive work environment by demonstrating teamwork.
Performs nursing assessments of the patients physical, psychosocial and cognitive status considering age and development level.
Formulates and documents individualized plans of care developed with the patient, family and health care team members.
Implements patient care in a manner consistent with the age of the patient, the plan of care and the changing needs of the patient.
Documents patient care according to Hospital and Department standards.
Efficiently organizes and prioritizes individual workload around patient and unit needs. Adjusts activities and plan depending on situation. Seeks to improve personal organization skills to increase work efficiencies.
Stewards available resources effectively.
Supervises the care provided by unlicensed assistive personnel under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
Experience working as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
Able to problem solve and manage crisis, able to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing patient care environment.
Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
Demonstrates professional behaviors:
- Identifies own education and professional growth needs, develops plan and seeks resources to address
- Completes professional activities such as self-appraisal, Healthstream assignments, licensure renewal contact hours
- Participates in QI and evidence based practice activities and integrates resultant changes into practice
- Identifies problems & initiates appropriate follow up
- Assumes leadership responsibilities as delegated such as charge nurse role
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution. Responds to questions and needs in a non-threatening and receptive manner.
Other Functions and Responsibilities
1) Interpersonal skills necessary to initiate and maintain collegial relationships with coworkers and therapeutic
relationships with patients and family.
2)_ Performs other duties as assigned._
Required Education, Experience and Certification/Licensure
1) Minimum Associates Degree from an accredited nursing program
2) Must have a current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan
3) Must have current BCLS/ACLS/PALS or ENPC certification ( or plan of attending ENPC which has limited class
4) Minimum of 2 years recent ER or critical care experience preferred.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American’s with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper’s Act, or SJMHS’s Return to Work Program
Job Number: 00163695
Location: Chelsea, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Chelsea Comm Hospital
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift