Trinity Health RN, Registered Nurse, ED - Weekends only in Chelsea, Michigan
General Summary: Provides quality patient centered care considering age specific, developmental, cultural and spiritual needs through competent clinical practice and application of the nursing process. Consistently integrates concepts of relationship base care into practice. Serves as a clinical and educational resource to others on the unit. Assumes accountability for nursing care of designated patients. Demonstrates unit/area designated competencies. Supervises the care provided by unlicensed assistive personnel.
We are looking for a RN with a minimum of 1 year Critical Care or Emergency Nursing experience.
This position is scheduled to work 2 out of 3 weekend shifts (combination of 7am-3pm and 5am-5pm)
- Performs nursing assessments of the patients physical, psychosocial and cognitive status considering age and development level.
- Formulates and documents individualized plans of care developed with the patient, family and health care team members.
- Documents patient care according to Hospital and Department standards.
- Supervises the care provided by unlicensed assistive personnel under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Able to problem solve and manage crisis, able to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing patient care environment.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Demonstrates professional behaviors.
Required Education, Experience and Certification/Licensure
Minimum Associates Degree from an accredited nursing program Must have a current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan Must have current BCLS/ACLS/PALS or ENPC certification ( or plan of attending ENPC which has limited class availability Minimum of 2 years recent ER or critical care experience preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities
Interpersonal skills necessary to initiate and maintain collegial relationships with coworkers and therapeutic relationships with patients and family.
Employees of St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea enjoy…
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance and Disability
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and Trinity Health
Visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American’s with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper’s Act, or SJMHS’s Return to Work Program.
Job Number: 00128521
Location: Chelsea, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Chelsea Comm Hospital
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift