Trinity Health Patient Care Assistant - Part Time Days in Chelsea, Michigan
General Summary: The Patient Care Assistant / Nurse Assistant is responsible for provision of basic, age appropriate nursing care. Provides quality patient care by considering the age specific, development and cultural needs through competent clinical practice. Demonstrates unit/area competencies.
This is a Part Time Day Shift position working 12 hr shifts from 7am to 7pm and includes and every third weekend rotation and holiday rotation.
- Delivers basic age appropriate nursing care effectively and efficiently.
- Assists with positioning, ambulating and transporting patients safely.
- Assists patients with dietary needs.
- Anticipates and provides comfort measures for patients.
- Answers call lights and responds to patient requests promptly.
- Assists licensed nurses with complicated treatments and procedures.
- Documents patient care or unit related information according to hospital standards.
- Demonstrates self-directed learning
- Actively complies with and supports SJMC Employee Service Standards.
- Practices effective communication in all interactions (patient, visitor, co-worker)
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional behavior.
- Maintains confidentiality consistent with hospital and regulatory requirements.
- Operates and maintains equipment in a safe and appropriate manner and promptly reports any defects/malfunctions.
Required Education, Experience and Certification/Licensure
1) Minimum grammar school education
2) High school graduation is preferred
3) Recent experience desired.
Employees of St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea enjoy…
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance and Disability
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and Trinity Health
Visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American’s with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper’s Act, or SJMHS’s Return to Work Program.
Job Number: 00165752
Location: Chelsea, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Chelsea Comm Hospital
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: 12 Hour Day Shift