Trinity Health Office Manager - OB/GYN in Chelsea, Michigan
This position is responsible for supervising the staff and functions of the Women's Health Office as a part of the Michigan Medicine Joint Venture. This office is comprised of 3 Physicians, 2 Nurse Practitioner's, 1 Registered Nurse and other support staff. The goal is to provide daily operational oversight of clinical staff and facilitate enhanced efficient, effective and coordinated patient care. Primary responsibilities would include ensuring patients receive friendly, efficient service and maintaining efficient flow of the overall office while working with other supervisors to achieve operational goals as defined by the practice leadership.
- Provides professional clinical leadership and oversight. Oversees clinical policy & procedure compliance.
- Provides active and timely feedback to medical site director on advancement of Quality and Performance Improvement initiatives and goals at site.
- Team liaison for provider and staff on communication and clinical site development issues.
We are looking for someone who has managed a physician practice in either the OB/GYN or Urology specialties. Also, someone who has experience training new staff and or training with implementing new software with a physician practice. Knowledge of Kronos Time Keeper, Kronos Analytics, Health Quest or EPIC is highly preferred.
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree or combined work and experience required, preferably in a clinical area. Master's of Business or Health Administration or progress towards a Master's of Business or Health Administration is highly desirable. RN degree preferred.
CREDENTIALS/LICENSURE: Valid, unrestricted RN license in the State of Michigan.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in a health care organization. At least three to five years of management experience in a health care organization. Experience in physician office management preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administrative and supervision
- Supervises department staff, including recruiting and hiring, scheduling, approving timesheets, submitting payroll information, training, resolving conflicts and patient complaints, ensuring policies and procedures are followed in compliance with federal regulations, and acting as a liaison between providers and staff.
- Assists with hiring, orientation, training and coaching of clinical staff.
- Together with providers, develops and clarifies clinical office protocols for office staff.
- Assists in the development and oversight of office budget.
- Implements inventory control system related to clinical supplies and immunizations/medications.
- Contributes to the development and ongoing implementation of the CORE Office Work plan.
- Keeps clinical staff informed on any change in guidelines and information pertinent to job requirements.
- Assists with organization, presentation and scheduling of office meetings.
- Communicates thoroughly and promptly with office leadership, physicians and staff regarding all issues impacting day to day operations.
- Maintains organized work areas.
- Performs other administrative support tasks as required. Provides suggestions to continually improve processes used in the office.
Provide Nursing Leadership
Provides ongoing communication to physicians and staff regarding pertinent clinical issues from respective committees. Collaborates with the SJMC leadership on efforts to build and maintain effective teams among the office employees. Assists the site medical director in assuring adequate clinical staff training and competence. Participates in new clinical staff orientation related to all of the responsibilities outlined in this description. Acts as a clinical resource for staff and providers. In collaboration with provider and office leadership, incorporates Quality and Performance Improvement strategic goals into office activities to ensure their achievement.
Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature and attending related seminars. Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participates in their solution. Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places. Demonstrates the professional behaviors of hospitality and caring, ownership and responsiveness, inclusiveness, commitment to excellence, and commitment to open communication. Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of co-workers and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to supervisor.
Supports other offices, attends required meetings and training, and participates in committees as requested. Performs other duties as assigned and works within scope of RN licensure.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (ABILITIES & SKILLS):
- Knowledge of nursing and patient care principles and procedures related to position responsibilities.
- Knowledge of the principles of the operations of a health care clinic sufficient to direct professional staff and coordinate all aspects involved with the practice.
- Knowledge of financial budgetary practices to aid in the development of the annual budget.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and to utilize such analysis to assist senior management and physician leaders in the decision making process.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making to achieve organizational goals.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, physicians and the public. Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others.
- Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrated competency in obtaining accurate patient vital statistics (height, weight, blood pressure, temperature, etc.) and patient health history.
- Maintains complete knowledge and complies with all relevant insurance, CPT coding and diagnosis guidelines.
- Proficiency in operating a standard desktop and Windows-based computer system, including but not limited to, electronic medical records/templates, EPIC, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) email, e-learning, intranet and computer navigation.
- Ability to use other software as required while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms, including proper phone etiquette.
- Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment; courteous and friendly demeanor.
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of organizational members and diverse populations including SJMC staff, providers, patients, family members, vendors, outside customers and community groups.
- Ability to cross-train in other areas of practice in order to achieve smooth flow of all operations.
- Good organizational and time management skills to effectively juggle multiple priorities, time constraints and ever-changing medical situations.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make medical decisions as required by position, working within the scope of licensure.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations needed during the course of performing basic job duties, i.e.: calculating proper dosages for immunizations.
- Knowledge of the compliance aspects of clinical care and patient privacy and best practices in medical office operations.
- Ability to handle patient and organizational information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to travel to other office/practice sites and meeting and training locations.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American’s with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper’s Act, or SJMHS’s Return to Work Program
Job Number: 00143383
Location: Chelsea, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Chelsea Comm Hospital
Employment Type: Full time