Orchid Orthopedic Solutions Machinist, CNC, Orchid Chelsea in Chelsea, Michigan
SUMMARY OF POSITION The Machinist, CNC set ups, operates and tends CNC lathes and/or mills to apply processes to plastic parts.
The Machinist, CNC reports to the Supervisor, Operations and within the machining value stream.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and operate 3-axis, 4-axis or 5-axis machines, including performing tool changes and setting tool and work offsets
- Perform setups that are a low to medium level of complexity
- Adjust machine controls and change tool settings in order to keep dimensions within specified tolerances
- Load correct programs to the machine
- Move controls to set cutting speeds and depths, feed rates, and to position tools in relation to work-pieces
- Select and properly load the correct fixtures for the job (proper tools, holders, clearances as needed)
- Set proper holding pressure on vises and collets
- Perform in-process inspection of parts to verify conformance with specifications, using instruments such as gauges, micrometers, and dial indicators
- Sign off and verify CMM scans
- Verify previous operation documentation is correct
- Support quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery (OTD) and financial objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read blueprints, including GD&T (ex: theoretical, tolerance zones, radius)
- Ability to set tool and work offsets
- Familiarity with setup procedures (setup sheets, check sheets and control plans)
- Ability to make operational adjustments, including tool and fixture changes
- Intermediate math skills
- Determine tooling requirements before starting a set up
- Demonstrated measuring skills using the following equipment: optical comparator, manual CMM, bench comparator, MICS, calipers and gauge pins
- Understanding of machining terms and knowledge
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to solve problems, including identifying strengths/weaknesses, locating alternative solutions and conclusions, and approaches to problems; and making high-quality, timely decisions
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Education and Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Experience:
- 1 year of running CNC lathes or mills preferred
- 1 year of running or programming robots preferred
ABOUT OUR VALUES AND LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES As a member of our team, leading from our values is foundational.
Values: Integrity First: We Do the Right Thing Teamwork: We Are All Connected Relentless Pursuit: We Are Driven & Curious
- Frequently operates a computer
- Frequently inspects and places parts
- Willing and able to work long hours including overtime as required.
- Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify EOE, including disability/vets.
Position: Machinist, CNC, Orchid Chelsea1st shift (Level I) Robotics experience a plus
Company: Orchid Orthopedic Solutions
Job Location(s): Chelsea, MI
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours (i.e. shift): 1st shift
Starting Salary Range: Not Provided
Required Education: High School or Equivalent
Required Experience: Open
Required Security Clearance: None
Related Categories: Skilled Trades - Machinist, Production - Metal/Plastic Workers, General Labor/Semi-Skilled