Trinity Health HME / DME Billing Analyst in Chelsea, Michigan
The HME Billing Analyst is responsible for processing new patient paperwork according to insurance guidelines, monitoring insurance required compliance guidelines, and billing for durable medical equipment and supplies. She/he supports ChelseaCare HME associates and provides logistical assistance to the HME Manager. The right candidate for this job will be highly organized, detail oriented and able to work independently without distractions.
General Summary: HME billing analysts work in ChelseaCare Home Medical Equipment (HME, DME) billing office. HME billers are responsible for understanding insurance policy and processing HME physician orders(e.g. inputting patient demographics, insurance verification, billing/crediting invoices) accurately and on a timely basis. HME billers provide patient counseling regarding financial responsibility and open AR Balances for and equipment and supplies.
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participates in their resolution.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea/Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
- Maintains knowledge to perform the duties of the job. Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
- Demonstrates self-directed learning.
- Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea/Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
- Provides quality patient care by considering the age specific, development and cultural needs through competent clinical practice. Demonstrates unit/area competencies.
- Identifies and assists in resolution of problems related to safety, sanitation and maintenance of the environment.
- Practices effective communication in all interactions (patient, visitor, co-worker, etc.)
- Promotes a positive work environment by demonstrating teamwork.
- Processes accounts receivable for equipment and services rendered.
- Processes insurance related issues such as verifying the completeness and accuracy of orders prior to claims submission
- Processes monthly patient statements and initiates collections
- Reviews updates on insurance and governmental guidelines and regulations
- Provide coverage for ChelseaCare HME intake associates
- Maintains department office supplies
- Provides customer service for all billing issues
- Contributes to cost containment initiatives
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience and Certification/Licensure
1) Minimum high school education,
2) Experience in billing and regulatory procedures, team building, multi-tasking, and verbal/written communication skills
3) Prefer Medical Billing Certification
Required Skills and Abilities
2)Excellent customer satisfaction skills
3)Accuracy and high attention to detail
Employees of St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea enjoy…
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance and Disability
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and Trinity Health
Visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American’s with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper’s Act, or SJMHS’s Return to Work Program.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Number: 00151713
Location: Chelsea, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Chelsea Comm Hospital
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift