Alorica Data Center Services Manager in Carrollton, Texas
GET TO KNOW ALORICA
At Alorica, we only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world’s biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
Responsible for directing the support and implementation of data centers, including installing, upgrading and maintenance of hardware and equipment at assigned data centers; collect and provide on-site information to support the design and performance of the data center; monitor, respond to and resolve complex equipment issues; identifying and implementing data center performance improvement initiatives; design and implement emergency/disaster recovery plan as appropriate. Responsible to train new members of the Data Center support team and provide direction and oversight to junior members of the team.
• Responsible for directing and supporting the implementation of data centers facilities to include: installing, upgrading and maintenance of hardware and equipment at assigned data centers; collect and provide on-site information to support the design and performance of the data center; monitor, respond to and resolve complex equipment issues; identifying and implementing data center performance improvement initiatives; design and implement emergency/disaster recovery plan as appropriate. Responsible to train new members of the Data Center support team and provide direction and oversight the team.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Job Responsibilities:
Data Center Management – Oversee and direct the support and implementation of data centers including installing, upgrading, cabling and maintenance of hardware and equipment at assigned data centers.
• Partner with off-site staff (e.g., Engineers, IT department staff, etc.) to collect and provide on-site information to address data center design, equipment installation, upgrading, cabling or technical maintenance, and to resolve issues at the site.
• Partner with Facilities staff to plan for and provision appropriate IT power requirements and requests in the assigned data centers.
• Collect a variety of information such as measurements, status of equipment, placement of telecom and computer cables, as required for use in the design and performance of the data center.
• Recommend and implement performance improvement initiatives.
• Monitor and respond to both basic and complex equipment issues with a sense of urgency, escalating appropriate for those issues outside of employee's control.
• Provide tape backup support for the tape library systems in the assigned data centers.
• Maintain, update and report on floor plans which annotate location of equipment, cabling, connection points, and capacities for power and air conditioning equipment ensuring to adhere to departmental standards.
• Handle shipping/receiving and storage of all IT equipment in the assigned data centers.
Emergency/Disaster Recovery Plan - Verify components of the emergency power back-up systems are in place and working
• Design and implement emergency/disaster recovery plan
• Recommend and implement DR improvement initiatives.
• Respond to scheduled and unscheduled outages in a timely manner ensuring adherence to departmental procedures and standards appropriately escalating any issue outside employee control
Project Support - Participate and lead in the activities associated with a variety of departmental projects ensuring established timelines are met
• Prepare reports, material and documentation as requested
• Update project plan as required
• Create and maintain organized project files
• Consult with and provide project lead with status reports throughout assigned projects detailing project status and timeline
• Recommend, review, and implement project improvement initiatives
Team Interfaces/Customer Service - Establish and maintain a professional relationship with internal/external customers, team members and department contacts.
• Cooperate with team members to meet goals or complete tasks.
• Provide direction, training, and guidance to the data center team.
• Provide quality customer service that exceeds customer expectations and improves level of data center service being provided - Passion, Performance, Possibilities.
• Treat all internal/external customers, team members and department contacts with dignity/respect - Making Lives Better... One Interaction at a Time.
• Appropriately manage escalations from other data center team members that could adversely impact the data center services being provided.
• Escalate to supervisor any situation outside the employee's control that could adversely impact the data center services being provided.
Minimum Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED required
Associate degree or Bachelor degree in computer science, management information systems, electrical or electronic engineering or a related field is preferred
Minimum 7-10 years experience in computer operations, telecommunications, desktop/PC support or related field required
Minimum 5-7 years Data Center or Telco/IDC Environment required
Minimum 3-5 years Data Center Design experience required
Solid knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Visio required
Solid knowledge of infrastructure cabling required
Ability to lift 50 pounds
Ability to respond to incidents on a 24X7 on-call basis
Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with VP-level leadership
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.