Lockheed Martin Nuclear Surety Engineer, Senior in Cape Canaveral, Florida
Description: Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Cape Canaveral, FL ?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
If you are seeking a career that has tremendous impact beyond any one individual come and be a part of the Fleet Ballistic Missile program. We are helping the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic deterrence. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure.
As part of the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Program, The Reentry Systems Nuclear Surety Engineer fills a critical need for operational readiness and safety of the Navy's Strategic Weapons System. You will utilize your knowledge of security requirements and apply them in support of government programs. Your technical knowledge along with strong verbal and written communication skills and experience working directly with government customer, both military and is critical.
IN THIS ROLE:
• You will perform trend analysis, identify problem areas affecting nuclear safety, research alternatives, develop and recommend solutions.
• You will advise SP28 and SPF24 on nuclear surety impacts or changes in UR program requirements.
• You will participate in Operational Safety Reviews, Operational Safety Evaluations, and Special Safety Evaluations as LM domain expert on Nuclear Surety.
• You will travel frequently to domestic suppliers, customers or other LM locations as required.
Our employees working in this level of position typically have a Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
• Experience with nuclear weapons programs
• Experience with Critical Nuclear Weapon Design Information (CNWDI) and Foreign Government Information (FGI)
• Expert knowledge of security classification standards and their applications
• Ability to represent Nuclear Surety at customer meetings and when taking care of external agencies.
• Active Secret clearance
• Experience on FBM program
• Demonstrated experience working as safety representative.
• Organized, detail-oriented individual with the ability to track, monitor, and achieve progress on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability as an effective communicator. Ability to resolve conflicts with tact and teamwork.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently in a high-demand, fast-paced environment.
• Active Top Secret Clearance highly desired
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.