Lockheed Martin Electronics Test Technician in Cape Canaveral, Florida
Description: Independently perform the following work:
- Operate and test any support or data acquisition system
- Diagnose/troubleshoot equipment system failures, isolate cause and take necessary corrective action
- Plan methods, operations or sequences necessary to perform system installations and/or required modifications
- Select, set up and operate special test equipment to collect, record and/or observe data or signals necessary for failure analysis and for the evaluation of new hardware design or procedural changes
- Devise, fabricate and evaluate special test apparatus required for failure analysis or design evaluation
- Make sketches and instructions as required
- Evaluate/assist with engineering in the investigation of system anomalies. Can include support equipment, facility equipment, missile systems and missile operations to include flights
- Troubleshoot/repair/analyze communication equipment or transmission media to include electromagnetic, fiber optic and transmission line devices
- Operate, data acquisition system to process engineering evaluation production and flight test data
- Work with production, operations and/or engineering documentation to include work authorization documents, discrepancy documents, sketches, drawings, wiring diagrams, logic diagrams and/or oral/written technical instructions
- Independently operate, troubleshoot, repair and maintain computer, network and peripheral equipment to include a rudimentary programming capability; activate, assemble, load test, and stack test missile batteries; build-up assemble/test flight instrumentation packages and supporting hardware
- Use various tools to include standard electronic hand tools, precision measuring instruments, shop equipment (drill press, grinder, saws, etc.), fabrication equipment (wire-wrap, crimp and solder station), as necessary to accomplish assigned work
Associates Degree or equivalent electronics experience required
Must have recent troubleshooting experience in advanced integrated electronics
Ability to obtain/maintain a secret clearance
Willingness to support overtime on demand
Ability to work various shifts, weekends and travel on demand
Must have broad knowledge of Test and Measurement Equipment utilized in the aerospace industry
Proven ability to work in a team environment
Must be able to routinely lift and carry 45 lbs, access test stands and reach equipment inside of environmental chambers with or without reasonable accommodation
Must pass an employment physical exam, background check and drug screen
- Fleet Ballistic Missiles Program experience is strongly desired
- Experience working with ordnance, missile related materials and hardware
- Troubleshooting to component level on advanced integrated electronic circuit boards.
- Ability to use all types of measuring and inspection instruments and tools as required
- A self-starter with an ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with little oversight
- Demonstrated experience with solder, crimp and wire wrap
- Experience operating automated test consoles.
- Demonstrated experience following process disciplines.
- Knowledge of safety practices, regulations and ordnance handling techniques and practices while working with ordnance or under actual or potentially hazardous conditions
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent situational judgment and innovative continuous improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use data processing systems including the Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of shop math
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.