Trinity Health Registered Nurse - Diley Ridge - Emergency Dept - Full Time Nights in Canal Winchester, Ohio
An affiliation of Mount Carmel and Fairfield Medical Center, Diley Ridge Medical Center is a state-of-the-art medical complex that includes emergency, inpatient and diagnostic services as well as an attached medical office building. Located in Canal Winchester, the center serves patients throughout northern Fairfield County, including the communities of Pickerington, Groveport, Canal Winchester, Carroll, Baltimore and Violet Township. At Diley Ridge Medical Center, we’re proud to be a part of the lives of the people in our community. That's why we're looking for experienced nurses who have a strong spirit of community, sense of teamwork and constant focus on excellence. We need passionate nurses who provide personalized care by focusing on each patient's emotional, social and spiritual needs. As a member of the Diley Ridge nursing team, you'll be expected to deliver compassionate, professional healthcare in a collaborative setting. In addition to providing hands-on nursing care, you'll be asked to effectively communicate, think critically, identify needs, wisely use resources and exercise competency in judgment among other tasks
Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Education: Graduate from a school of nursing, BSN preferred.
- Licensure / Certification: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
- Experience: Previous health care experience, in an acute hospital setting preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, organize and manage patient care, including delegation to and supervision of other members of the patient care team.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- BLS Healthcare Provider, required upon employment.
- ACLS required, or willing to complete with in first year of employment.
- PALS required, or willing to complete with in first year of employment.
- Job Related Skills: Good communication, human relationship, & team orientation skills when dealing with co-workers, patients, families, physicians, and general public.
- Director of Patient Care Services, Assistant Clinical Manager, Charge Nurse or designee
- Directs licensed and unlicensed staff in work related activities and contributes to performance appraisals as requested by the Director of Patient Care Services / Assistant Clinical Manager / President and COO.
- *Exhibits the Service Excellence Behavior Standards: *(1) role modeling excellence for all to see.
(2) Provides for periodic rounding on patients & families, providing updates and initiating service recover on identified issues. For example: demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a professional environment and provides first class service.
- Clinical Practice: (1) Delivers patient care for an assigned group of patients, utilizing the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation & evaluation). (2) CLIA-waived testing (i.e.) point of care glucose, urine pregnancy & urinalysis.
- Delegation: Accepts responsibility for the direction of co-workers and support staff in the implementation of patient care.
- Communication: (1) Communicates pertinent clinical information to appropriate members of the patients care team. (2) Keeps patient & families appraised and updated. Establishes and maintains positive communication with patients and families.
- Education: Coordinates & facilitates patient and family education.
- Continuity Planning: Identifies discharge needs, participates in planning & completes discharge, transfer & continuity of care forms as appropriate to ensure a coordinate hand off of patient care.
- Safe Practice: (1) Verifies and implements physician & other licensed independent practitioner orders.
(2) Administers medications according to the organization’s standards, policies, procedures, and or guidelines. (3) Initiates appropriate emergency procedures and administers life-supporting drugs / treatments under the direction of a physician. (4) Practices positive patient identification. (5) Maintains equipment appropriate to the care environment.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with physicians and other health care disciplines regarding the patient’s plan of care. Initiates appropriate non-physician consults (i.e. dietary, social services, chaplain, etc.).
- Documentation: Provides accurate and complete documentation in accordance with standards, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Computer Skills: (1) Utilizes computer systems, appropriate to position effectively. (2) Appropriate use of the internet and intranet.
- Initiative: (1) Assumes responsibility to facilitate improvements in patients care, staff & physician relationships and the working climate. (2) Responsible & accountable for professional development and the maintenance of licensure. (3) Assumes responsibility for own education. (4) Assists in orientation of new staff & supports student experience as requested. (5) Accepts charge nurse responsibility as assigned. (6) Assists in maintenance of departmental compliance with continuous regulatory readiness.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing.
- Participates in and coordinates with organizational process to collect and evaluate information about hazards and safety practices that are used to identify safety management issues. Adheres to established policies and procedures, which may include wearing of personal protective equipment.
- Participates in and fosters a performance improvement approach that includes both intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities.
- Exhibits a customer service and community focus.
- Fosters a climate that will assist Diley Ridge Medical Center to fulfill its mission.
- All other duties as assigned.
Job Number: 00115582
Location: Canal Winchester, OH
Organization Name: Diley Ridge Medical Center
Facility: MCHS - Diley Ridge Medical Center
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: 12 Hour Night Shift