Trinity Health Medical Technologist/MLT - Diley Ridge - Casual in Canal Winchester, Ohio
An affiliation of Mount Carmel and Fairfield Medical Center, Diley Ridge Medical Center is a state-of-the-art medical complex that includes emergency, inpatient and diagnostic services as well as an attached medical office building. Located in Canal Winchester, the center serves patients throughout northern Fairfield County, including the communities of Pickerington, Groveport, Canal Winchester, Carroll, Baltimore and Violet Township. At Diley Ridge Medical Center, we’re proud to be a part of the lives of the people in our community. That's why we're looking for experienced lab staff who have a strong spirit of community, sense of teamwork and constant focus on excellence. As a member of the Diley Ridge team, you'll be expected to deliver professional healthcare in a collaborative setting. You'll be asked to effectively communicate, think critically, identify needs, wisely use resources and exercise competency in judgment among other tasks.
Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Education: Degree in Medical Technology or related field preferred
- Licensure / Certification: American Society of Clinical Pathologists, or equivalent certification preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of one year experience which includes all areas of the laboratory preferred.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work under stress and respond to change.
- Ability to perform professional responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Possess a high degree of motivation, organizational ability, and the ability to respond to a changing environment.
- Flexibility in schedule, with ability to cover different shifts.
- Possess a high degree of professionalism and is able to establish & maintain a good relationship with patients, co-workers & physicians.
- N / A
- Service Excellence: (1) Exhibits the Service Excellence Behavior Standards, role modeling excellence for all to see. For example: demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a professional environment and provides first class service.
- *Clinical Practice: *(1) Performs all clinical testing, accurately, timely & efficiently (laboratory & point of care). (2) Reviews and validates test results and follows up with appropriate action. (3) Records & reports test results. (4) Maintains instrumentation by performing calibrations, maintenance, QC & trouble shooting. (5) Operates all laboratory equipment. (6) Performs non-technical tasks and indirect patient care activities as required by the situation. (i.e.) Assisting with transport, outpatient/inpatient specimen collection, delivery of blood & blood products. (7) Responds appropriately to emergency situations, such as code blue and emergency operations plan etc.
- *Communication: *(1) Communicates pertinent clinical information to appropriate members of the patient care team. (2) Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with facility personnel, medical staff, patients & the community. (3) Answers phones promptly and deals with all calls courteously and efficiently.
- *Collaboration: *Confers with Registered Nurses and Physicians relative to testing availability, specimen collection and patient preparation.
- Education: Provides patient & family education relative to phlebotomy & expectations related to process.
- Safe Practice: (1) Maintains regulatory compliance. (2) Performs routine scheduled and specialized maintenance of laboratory equipment. (3) Manages an efficient workstation, keeps area clean and stocked with supplies. (4) Follows established guidelines for Risk Management and Organizational Integrity programs and applicable regulatory requirements. (5) Follows testing guidelines, as outlined in policy & procedure manual. (6) Practices in accordance with Infection Control guidelines and within the guidelines for an environmental exposure, as outlined in the MSDS. (7) Practices positive patient identification.
- Documentation: Completes all internal & external documentation required by policies, procedures & regulatory guidelines.
- Performance Improvement: (1) In conjunction with Leadership, develops, monitors & reports quality indicators for laboratory, focusing on turn-around time, patient outcomes, regulatory compliance & risk management, customer service, and continuous quality and process improvement. (2) Participates in performance improvement process teams. (3) Active participation in the site safety team. (4) Ensure accuracy in patient charging; responsible for charge error correction.
- *Computer Skills: *(1) Utilizes computer systems appropriate to area effectively. (2) Utilizes internet and intranet appropriately.
- *Initiative: *(1) Demonstrates strong organizational skills and is able to multi-task. (2) Able to recognize a problem following prescribed strategies and make necessary corrections, in the absence of decision rules, will act to determine a final decision. (3) Teaches laboratory procedures to other Technologists. Participates in student instruction and experiences when requested. (4) Responsible for coordinating & monitoring the workflow of the laboratory to achieve performance measures. (5) Maintains a responsible attitude toward individual performance in accordance with approved policies & procedures. (6) Responsible for the meeting individual education and training requirements. (7) Responsible to facilitate improvement in patient care services, staff / physician relationships and the working climate. (8) Responsible / accountable for professional development, maintaining licensure and competency. (9) Attends departmental meetings as required. (10) Assists in maintenance of departmental compliance with continuous regulatory readiness.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing.
- Participates in and coordinates with organizational process to collect and evaluate information about hazards and safety practices that are used to identify safety management issues. Adheres to established policies and procedures, which may include wearing of personal protective equipment.
- Participates in and fosters a performance improvement approach that includes both intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities.
- Orders supplies, maintaining department inventory.
- Assists in the orientation & training of new associates.
- Exhibits a customer service and community focus.
- Fosters a climate that will assist Diley Ridge Medical Center to fulfill its mission.
- Accepts other responsibilities as assigned.
Job Number: 00113422
Location: Canal Winchester, OH
Organization Name: Diley Ridge Medical Center
Facility: MCHS - Diley Ridge Medical Center
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift