Trinity Health MEDICAL TECHNICIAN - HISTOLOGY PART-TIME / DAY in Camden, New Jersey
*Under general supervision, the Histology Technician performs all laboratory procedures as required according to established Health System and Departmental Policies and Procedures*.
- Utilizes quality control for decision making on a routine basis to establish standards.
- Communicates critical values in accordance with departmental policy.
- Recognizes abnormal results and takes appropriate action in accordance with departmental policy.
- Accurately performs STAT and routine orders within established time limits.
- Consistently demonstrates teamwork.
- Recognizes problems and takes appropriate action.
- Priorities workload based on volume/urgency.
- Adequately collects and/or processes specimens.
- Communicates current status of workstation to appropriate personnel including on-coming shifts.
- Safely performs all routine maintenance procedures.
- Performs and evaluates instrument functions.
- Recognizes malfunctions and implements corrective actions.
- Consistently completes documentation of maintenance procedures and/or instrument malfunctions.
- Communicates instrumentation status to appropriate personnel including on-coming shifts.
Monitors inventory levels and follows appropriate protocol for re-ordering supplies
Associate's Degree required (Technician). Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Bachelor's Degree required (Technologist). Master's Degree preferred.
0-1 years’ experience
- LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
ASCP (The American Society for Clinical Pathology) Registry as Medical Technologist/MLT (Medical Laboratory Technician) or equivalent (HEW, HHS, experience per Director’s discretion)
HT/HTL, MLT or MT
- SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Basic Medical Laboratory skills
Standard PC skills
Job Number: 00117631
Location: Camden, NJ
Organization Name: Our Lady of Lourdes Healthcare Services
Facility: OLLNJ - Lourdes Health System
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift