Comcast Marketing & Sales Event Intern - Menlo Park, CA in Burlingame, California
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
There are many opportunities to learn and thrive at Comcast. A 10 week, fulltime internship with Comcast gives you meaningful work experience, programs for development and networking, competitive compensation and the opportunity to move into a fulltime career post-graduation. You will ..
* Gain knowledge and experience in Marketing and Sales related events within the community
* Gain the opportunity to make an impact on Comcast's business and results
* Participate in developmental activities
* Network with leaders across multiple functions
* Receive a hands on experience and see the frontline aspects that make cable possible
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
* Actively participates in development, thrives as a dynamic, proactive, and continuous learner
* Helps to improve Comcast's results through a project or series of work in Events and Marketing
* Learns about Comcast's products and promoting offerings to customers on-site within multi dwelling units and how sales goals are met
* Learns to how drive customer acquisition, awareness, retention and interest in XFINITY products, bundles and offers at the national and local property level by leveraging available programs (e.g., community rewards for property staff, events, marketing collateral, channel resources and online/digital tools).
* Shadows Community Account Representatives, marketing specialists and leaders
* Solves Sales, Events and Marketing problems and executes solutions
Core Responsibilities are basic abilities interns must possess but does not reflect the daily activities interns will participate in nor the work that will be assigned.
* Assists with projects to ensure deadlines are met.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level:-High School or Equivalent
Field of Study:-
Years Experience:-Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Compliance: Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
* Strong interest in the telecommunications, cable and media industries
* Desire to pursue a career in Marketing and Sales related events
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree from a U.S. College or University
* Academically enrolled the semester after your internship and graduating by Summer 2018
* Minimum 3.0 GPA
* Ability to relocate post-graduation if offered and accepted a fulltime position
* Authorization to work in the United States
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer