Trinity Health Woodland Village-Wellness Assistant-FT in Brighton, Michigan
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager/Designee, the Wellness Assistant will provide supportive daily care and services in accordance with the resident care plan. Assists in the administration of medications as ordered by the attending physician under the direction of the Nurse Manager / Designee and in accordance with established nursing standards, policies, procedures and practices of the community and all state regulatory requirements. As directed by the Nurse Manager/Designee, the Wellness Assistant will proactively identify, develop and execute solutions to enhance the resident living experience.
- Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity Health and Trinity Senior Living Communities in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Consistently demonstrate (leads by example) Sanctuary Values to all internal and external customers (residents, visitors, volunteers, and associates.)
- Enters information and documentation accurately in Care Tracker or paper chart in accordance with company policy, practice and standards.
- Assist residents with daily living functions such as dental care, feeding, bathing, dressing/undressing, nail care, hair care, and shaving according to expressed preference. Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transferring residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc. Escort residents to meals, activities etc., when needed. Assist in the dining process, serving residents their meals. Report changes in the residents eating habits to the supervisor, as well as performing after meal care cleaning resident’s hands, faces and clothing as needed.
- Check residents routinely to ensure that they’re safe and that their personal needs are met. Observes and reports to supervisor the residents physical and emotional responses to service treatments and medications or any changes in resident condition.
- Answer resident calls promptly to determine need and help when possible. Provides for the physical needs of the resident when indicated. Requests supervisor’s assistance with resident problem. Anticipate the needs of residents and families, going “above and beyond” routinely to provide a comfortable environment and home atmosphere.
- Follows community assignment sheet as established by supervisor. Cleans equipment, closets, drawers, beds and other resident living spaces as needed. Leaves the immediate resident environment in a clean and safe manner. Demonstrates proper use of resident care equipment. Responsible for administration of medications as delegated by the supervisor.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Must be at least 18 years of age to work in the AFC section of the Village. Six months experience as a Wellness Assistant or Nurses Aide preferred. Previous experience working in assisted living or with the geriatric population preferred.
Job Number: 00117236
Location: Brighton, MI
Organization Name: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Facility: TSLC - Sanctuary at Woodland
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift