Trinity Health Woodland Village- Nurse Supervisor- Contingent in Brighton, Michigan
Provides professional nursing care to the organization’s residents as prescribed by the physician, and/or requested by the residents’ family, and in compliance with the state’s Nurse Practice Act, any applicable licensure/certification requirements, and the organization’s policies and procedures.
*Disclaimer: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the individual in this position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary or appropriate by management.*
- Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within TSLC.
- Establish and/or maintain departmental procedures that support the necessary operational functions for the Nursing Department.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, TSLC Corporate Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- Supervises care staff in performance of tasks, responsible for staffing needs during shift and reports any concerns regarding staff performance to supervisor. Addresses issues of concern through courageous conversation and notifies department manager of any interactions requiring attention.
- May complete resident assessment prior to and upon move in, initiates needed services, and makes appropriate referrals for other disciplines. Completes periodic assessments and observes residents for changes in condition and reports changes appropriately to the physician, responsible family member, and Administrator. Obtains orders for changes in the medical plan of treatment to respond to resident’s condition, and documents all observations and interventions in an accurate and timely way.
- Initiates and assures implementation of orders for medication and treatments as prescribed by the physician. Assures completion of the physician plan of treatment, as appropriate.
- Develops and participates in the implementation and timely revision of the individualized interdisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Initiates and applies appropriate preventative, therapeutic and rehabilitative procedures and techniques and maintains communication regarding resident’s care with the physician, Administrator and family, as appropriate.
- Assists and instructs resident, family member or other resident representative in care plan implementation and other concepts and activities necessary to promote resident’s health, safety, and independent living.
- Accurately documents observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to resident care management and services provided in accordance with facility policy and procedures on the day services are rendered.
- Responsible for care plan and case management, assuring appropriate care, supplies and follow through. Periodically updates assessments to assure accuracy of care plan.
- Delegates tasks to appropriate personnel as indicated by skill level and professional standing.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved RN/LPN program.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered or Licensed Practical Nurse in this state.
- Must possess and maintain current CPR Certification.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Previous experience working with the geriatric population preferred
- Supervisory experience in an assisted living, hospital, long-term care environment, or other related healthcare facility preferred.
- Must lead by example and possess superior customer service skills and professionalism
Job Number: 00167187
Location: Brighton, MI
Organization Name: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Facility: TSLC - Sanctuary at Woodland
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Evening Shift