Trinity Health Phlebotomist - Lab Tech - Brighton (contingent) in Brighton, Michigan
Phlebotomist (Lab Tech) – Outpatient Brighton Lab
If you are looking for a contingent Lab Tech position working at our Brighton outpatient health center this could be your opportunity.
- Be a part of the only nationwide healthcare system headquartered in Michigan with Trinity Health!
- Flexible scheduling allows the opportunity for work/life balance
- 403b Retirement Savings Plan offered to our contingent colleagues
About the Department:
St. Joseph Mercy Brighton, a member of six-hospital Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, has been serving the Livingston County community since 1986. A facility designed to promote health and healing, this outpatient health center houses primary care and specialty physicians, comprehensive diagnostic and testing services, emergency services, outpatient surgery and cancer care.. St. Joseph Mercy Brighton is part of Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, one of the nation's top health care services providers, spanning 5 counties in Southeastern Michigan.
- Acts as a representative of the department, communicating with patients, patient care units, and physician offices.
- Understands and supports the Mission, Vision and Guiding Behaviors of SJMHS and the Department regarding commitment to quality patient care.
- Provides quality patient care.
- Responds to inquiries in a courteous and helpful manner following departmental policies, procedures and systems.
- Uses good judgment to decide when to contact a technologist, manager, or a pathologist as necessary.
- Knowledge of reference sources for patient preparation and specimen collection and handling requirements to be able to assist other health care professionals.
- Understands laboratory requisitions and how to locate missing or incomplete information.
- Must be able to work minimal supervision.
- Receives orders from Power Chart. Troubleshoots problems related to missing specimens, discrepancies between specimens and orders.
- Performs Laboratory Information System (LIS) standard order entry including, Employee Health, Outpatient, and Body Fluid Exposure testing.
- Prints daily CPR and resolves problems. Performs CLN for specimen tracking lists and lab-collected specimens. (CPR not required at Livingston & CCH)
- Print patient chart reports and distributes them.
- Logs in specimens received into LIS. Create Specimen tracking lists.
What you will need:
High School Diploma required. One year of related experience or completion of phlebotomy, MA or PCT program required.
For more information regarding career opportunities with Saint Joseph Mercy Health System please visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers.
Successful candidate will be subject to mandatory vaccinations/immunizations unless they qualify for an available exemption.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American’s with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper’s Act, or SJMHS’s Return to Work Program.
Job Number: 00099031
Location: Brighton, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Brighton
Employment Type: Part time