General Electric US Medical Science Liaison (MSL), Radiology in Boston, Massachusetts
Role Summary:Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will engage in scientific exchange with Radiology KOLs (key opinion leaders) providing accurate product and care area related information. MSL will provide healthcare professionals (HCPs) with scientific, evidence-based communication and education and respond to information inquiries MSL will provide medical support to internal cross-functional teams and participate in internal projects, such as advisory boards, educational activities, clinical study support.
Essential Responsibilities:• Per the Radiology Medical engagement plan, interact with KOLs to communicate and advance GE’s Radiology medical plans and initiatives
• Communicate clinical/scientific insights as well as research concepts from KOLs back to medical affairs team members within the organization, for further evaluation
• Participate at regional and national radiology conferences; actively contribute to conference planning, scientific session coverage and development of scientific summary subsequent to conferences
• With oversight from Radiology Medical Director, provide support to unsolicited investigator sponsored research proposals as well as Company sponsored research
• Present abstracts/posters and other related medical content at regional and national meetings when applicable
• On an as needed basis, communicate clinical and health economic value information to payers and formulary decision makers
• Participate in identification and training of participants in the Company’s speaker’s bureau members, when applicable
• Timely processing of all reported adverse events, must fully understand the adverse event reporting (pharmacovigilance) SOP (standard operating procedure)
• Demonstrate full awareness of and compliance with all SOPs and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position. Proactively identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate action as required.
• Participate in preparation and delivery of training materials to support new and existing medical staff on diagnostic imaging agents in radiology and emerging clinical evidence
• Provide medical expertise and support to projects led by US/Canada Medical Affairs and other cross-functional projects, such as advisory boards, educational activities, clinical study support as necessary
Qualifications/Requirements:1. A doctorate degree (PhD, Pharm D, MD, MS, DO or advanced nursing degree)
Minimum 2 years clinical or Pharmaceutical/Healthcare industry experience in any of the following: Radiology, MRI, CT
Demonstrated presentation skills through listed lectures or evidence of teaching
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated ability to think innovatively, be flexible as priorities change, comfortably operate in a fast-paced environment and manage uncertainty.
Self-motivated and solution and action oriented.
Willing to travel approximately 3-4 of the 5 working days.
Desired Characteristics:1. Self-starting, confident team player with attention to detail.
2 or more years’ experience in a medical affairs/MSL role
Preference to be located in a major metro area with easy airport access
About Us:There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than
11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE
Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the
journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge
technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future.
We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island;Eastern or Central US preferred.;
- General Electric Jobs